AKTP1 transponder

skoda auto

Hello everyone,

I am having quiete a big problem with my locksmith. I have purchased key for my skoda octavia 98 and unable to match key. Transponder that came with key was a CARBON TYPE T5 or (AKTP1 according to my locksmith). According to HICKLEYS in Taunton, they have checked and confirmed that my skoda should have AKTP1- GLASS transponder, not CARBON TYPE!

Now my locksmith says they that all AKTP1 transponders are carbon one, well if this is the case then how come key cannot be matched to IMMOBILISER? I have also tryed AKTP2 glass one and still cannot be matched.

I have done absolutelly everything, i have replaced following units.

1 Wiring loom between coil reader and dash panel

2 Coil reader itself

3 Dash panel

4 Engine ECU

This has already costed me £180 and still didnt get anywhere.

ALSO, I have checked transponders on Hickleys website, and AKTP1 transponder is GLASS TYPE.

SO, IS AKTP1 TRANSPONDER GLASS OR SQUARE TYPE??????

Kind regards

If it's any help Skoda used a fixed code transponder until the face lift (clear plastic headlamp) model came out at the end of 2000 for the 2001 model year. For 2001 it changed to a variable code transponder and the keys were marked with a 'W' where the the blade meets the handle to denote this. The Hickley key for the pre facelift model is part number HVKHU66T5, which says it has the T5 transponder, which relates to AKTP1. The AKTP2 is a transponder for the variable code immobiliser. I think, though not 100% sure that it is a glass transponder AKTP1 that you need.

I've had a look around at work and found a new key. The part number on the packaging is 1U0837219A INB, looking at VAG Cat, this ties in with the part number for an Octavia key with a fixed code transponder, as it has no 'W' on it, this looks to be correct. The transponder in the key is glass.

Thanks fordman,

I have spent quite some time today on the phone with Stuart from Hickleys and we have managed to get to the bottom of this issue.

All skoda octavias will have glass type transponders, not CARBON type. Now, they are both T5 transponders, but carbon type T5 are old version ones.

Old T5 carbon type are id33 and new T5 glass type are id13. According to Hickleys, senior member of staff rolling code starts from very late 2000. All vehicles before this date (octavias 1997-late 2000) will have AKTP1-T5 glass transponders. Octavias after this date until 2004 will have AKTP2 T6 id 48 transponders.

This means my locksmith has supplyed me with wrong key. Luckilly transponder can be removed. Therefore i have oredered x2 AKTP1 transponders and hopefully i will be able to match the key once transponders arrive tommorow.

I have spoken to my locksmith and he was not happy with me at all. He also kept saying that he knows what he does and didnt make any mistake as he does this for his living. But after a while, i said i dont want hard feeling, and suggested he should update his records. He said that he never heard of this new T5 glass transponders before and he will call Hickleys to find out more information about it. I left him mumbling. This guy has costed me extra £185 for no need at all, and most importantly wasted all mine and your time.

Soon as transponders arrive, i will try to mach key to immobiliser and will let you know of the outcome.

Thanks for all your support and your valuable time.

Kind regards

We had a similar problem with Skoda parts when we were dealers. We had a new facelift Octavia delivered with one key. We got another key and it wouldn't code, we were advised to get another and that wouldn't work, we got the technical rep in who worked out that the keys had fixed code transponders and we wanted a variable code transponder key with a 'W' on it. Skoda then sent us another fixed transponder key with a hand scratched 'W' on it, that didn't code either, as I pointed out to them that scratching a 'W' on it doesn't magically change the transponder type. We eventually got it sorted and luckily the customer was quite understanding.

If you have the PIN numbers of your spare ECU and dash panel, you should be able to sell them to recover some of your costs.

Fingers crossed (again).

I tell you what fordman,

My locksmith man was furious. What originally happend, i called him and told him what i need it in the first place and we agreed he can swap transponders only. When i arrived in his shop, i realised that i have forgotten transponder indors. Him and his wife/partner started shouting and screaming, they said we want at least £5 deposit. I said, i dont have £5 cash but will return the transponder tonight. They were so furious, and they said if we agree to something you should obbey to the deal. I said yes i understand yor concern but i will bring oldtransponder tonight. Then they started shouting they almost swolowed me hehe, then i said well if this is the case of agreement, you have promissed, you can supply me with correct key and transponder and you have failed, also you wasted my precious time and on top of this £180. They both went quiet, and then he shouted to his wife/partner let him take blo******* transponder. I then said, if anything, even if i dont return that transponder thats only going to cost you £3, but YOU have just costed me £180 for no reason!

Anyway, i have returned wrongly supplyed transponder that was given to me for second time within 30 min.

These new professionals, dont always know everything.

Anyway, will let you know of outcome A.S.A.P.

Have plesant night.

Regards

Hello Fordfan,

just to let you know that there is no need for keeping the fingers crossed any longer in regards to matching my key.

transponders have arrived today and i went to match the key and guess what????? Key matched first time, no problem!

All this trouble we went through only because wrong suppleyed in the first place.

I just want to thank you so many times for all your effort you made to help me out.

If you ever find youself in essex, chelmsford, please let us know and i will get you beer!

Kind regards