Current speed shown in MPH on Maxidot display

Delboyyy

This one is of more interest to UK drivers I think.

Can the current speed shown in the MF Display be changed from Km/H to show MPH on UK models (SE or Elegance)?

The user manual states that it can be changed using the "Button for display mode" located below the Rev counter. Is this actually the case as the dealer I used told me that he thought it was permanently set to Km/H and I remember that both cars I used for test drives before I ordered my Yeti displayed the actual speed in Km/H.

I think this question was raised a while ago but cannot find the posting and I am not sure there was a definitive answer at that time.

Are you sure that's correct? I thought that a previous thread here (which I can't quickly spot) concluded that you can show MPH on the maxidot on a LHD car but that on a RHD one (eg UK spec) then the maxidot couldn't be changed away from KPH (since the UK Yeti speedo only shows MPH and the vehicle must provide a non-overridable way of showing MPH and KPH simultaneously).

I do not know how the UK ars are set-up, but on a EU version, you can select km/hr or MPH. I am not aware of any requirement to be able to read MPH on a EU vehicle - presumption that drivers taking their cars to the UK should be able to divide by 1.6. Just about all new cars sold in the US and Canada have dual readings on the spedo. No presumptions.

You can also select the fuel consumption in l/100km; km/l; MPG (UK) and MPH (US) I seriously doubt the US MPG will be of any interest, but the MPD probably shares software with other VAG cars imported into the USA.

That being the case, there must be a way to change it!

I do not know how the UK ars are set-up, but on a EU version, you can select km/hr or MPH. I am not aware of any requirement to be able to read MPH on a EU vehicle - presumption that drivers taking their cars to the UK should be able to divide by 1.6. Just about all new cars sold in the US and Canada have dual readings on the spedo. No presumptions.

You can also select the fuel consumption in l/100km; km/l; MPG (UK) and MPH (US) I seriously doubt the US MPG will be of any interest, but the MPD probably shares software with other VAG cars imported into the USA.

That being the case, there must be a way to change it!

I have searched all areas within the options on my unit and have not found a way of changing it to MPH. My Skoda dealer hinted that there was a download in the pipeline to overcome this problem, but I have not read of anything in all the forums threads. This issue along with "strange happenings" to my headlights are the only things spoiling an otherwise excellent vehicle.