Coming Home Lights

McScooby

I have got this option enabled on my Octavia MKII FL vRS and it is now showing in the MFD setup options but I can't seem to find how to tell it what lights I want on.

Any help great fully received.

Coming home lights will only activate the headlights.

Basically when you get home and your lights are on you lock the car and after a pre-determined amount of time which you set in the option the lights turn off.

Same as leaving home when you unlock the car it switches the headlights on and they stay on until you start the ignition. If the lights are actually turned off on the dial they go out when the ignition is turned on if the lights are set to on then they stay on.

You can't specify which lights come on im afraid.

Carl :thumbup:

Coming home lights will only activate the headlights.

Basically when you get home and your lights are on you lock the car and after a pre-determined amount of time which you set in the option the lights turn off.

Same as leaving home when you unlock the car it switches the headlights on and they stay on until you start the ignition. If the lights are actually turned off on the dial they go out when the ignition is turned on if the lights are set to on then they stay on.

You can't specify which lights come on im afraid.

Cheers thats cleared it up for me, I'll extend the time the lights stay on for and not switch them off when getting out. :thumbup:

i have mine set to 40 Secs for both Coming/Leaving Home

Gives the Missus long enough then to lock up and open the front door and get in before they go off.

Leaving home doesn't really matter as i drive around with them on all the time anyway.

Oh you will get lots of "you've left your lights on" but i just point out that even Skoda's have auto lights these days :D

Cool I'll try those timings.

Just need to find out now if you can increase the number of flashes on the quick use indicatiors, I know that I can turn it off via MFD but couldn't see anything in Vag-Com to increase it.

i have mine set to 40 Secs for both Coming/Leaving Home

Gives the Missus long enough then to lock up and open the front door and get in before they go off.

Leaving home doesn't really matter as i drive around with them on all the time anyway.

Oh you will get lots of "you've left your lights on" but i just point out that even Skoda's have auto lights these days :D

Yes you can have anything from 1 - 5 flashes iirc

Edit: On looking at the Ross-Tech Wiki i can't seem to find it so maybe it has been removed but i will have a look on the mine at the Weekend.

I would have to look and don't have the car at the moment as im away with work but iirc it's in VCDS under Central Convenience and when you select comfort indicators there is the option there to change the no. of flashes

Edited by vRSCarl

Yes you can have anything from 1 - 5 flashes iirc

I would have to look and don't have the car at the moment as im away with work but iirc it's in VCDS under Convenience and when you select comfort indicators there is the option there to change the no. of flashes

Cheers, its getting late now for sitting out in the car with the laptop, neighbors think I'm mad already :p but I'll have a play tomorrow.

Edited by McScooby

Right I set both CHL & LHL to 30s, the max it will let me, left the headlights on when I left the car when I got to work. Locked the car but only the indicators flashed.

Have I got it all set right and its just not working or am I missing something else?

Right I set both CHL & LHL to 30s, the max it will let me, left the headlights on when I left the car when I got to work. Locked the car but only the indicators flashed.

Have I got it all set right and its just not working or am I missing something else?

If you have auto lights then they'll only work when it's dark(ish)!

Ok if you have your headlights set to the "ON" position and leave them there.

That way when you lock the car the lights will stay on for 30 secs and then switch off.

When you next unlock the car they will then come on for 30 secs and then stay on once you start the ignition

As John has said if you have auto lights (i.e a setting on the headlight switch that says "auto" or has a tunnel symbol) then this will only happen if it is dark(ish) as you have a sensor in your rear view mirror that the lights work off.

HTH

Ok if you have your headlights set to the "ON" position and leave them there.

That way when you lock the car the lights will stay on for 30 secs and then switch off.

When you next unlock the car they will then come on for 30 secs and then stay on once you start the ignition

As John has said if you have auto lights (i.e a setting on the headlight switch that says "auto" or has a tunnel symbol) then this will only happen if it is dark(ish) as you have a sensor in your rear view mirror that the lights work off.

HTH

Right I think something is wrong then as I don't have auto lights and I left the switch in the on postion but nothing came on either way. Just to confirm that on is either side lights or head lights????

Edited by McScooby

That way they will stay on when you lock up and come on when you unlock

So, just to highlight (get it?) what Carl has said, your CH/LH lights will (or is that should :giggle:) work at all times of the day regardless of light levels.

I can see that not being annoying when its daylight :dull:

So, just to highlight (get it?) what Carl has said, your CH/LH lights will (or is that should :giggle:) work at all times of the day regardless of light levels.

I can see that not being annoying when its daylight :dull:

Ok, I'll set it up & test tomorrow.

Cheers for your help. :thumbup:

Right I've got my CHL sorted, you just flash the main beam before getting out of the car & they work. The LHL don't appear to work unless you have auto light installed, which I don't so I have disbaled the option.

vRSCarl - Did you find those notes on how to increase the number of flashes for the indicators?