Where can I get a workshop mnaual?

Just been thinking about all the bits I need (want) to do to my car and was wondering if there is such a thing as a workshop manual for the Mk II? All I was able to find were PDF's.

Cheers,

Andy

Just been thinking about all the bits I need (want) to do to my car and was wondering if there is such a thing as a workshop manual for the Mk II? All I was able to find were PDF's.

Cheers,

Andy

There isnt a workshop manual as such, to my knowledge its all done on the computer.

What PDFs have you found?

Cheers,

Andy

What kind of PDFs have you found?

Any chance of sharing them or their source ?

I'm after some kind of manual myself.

Cheers

This is probably SUCH a silly question :p but I see that Haynes do a Manual for the Octy up to 2004. I know it's a different model, but how much change was bodywork and how much was mechanics?

I mean, say the 1.9PD engine, how different is that for <2004 vs >2004?

Just a thought, maybe 75% is usable with a early Octy Jaynes book?

Cheers All

Edited by Bazzman

Get the Golf mk5 hyanes manual, the car is 75% same! Does not cover the newer engines like 1.4tsi but rest fine.

Also I think Skoda do a online workshop manual but it costs something like €11 a day!

James

This is probably SUCH a silly question :p but I see that Haynes do a Manual for the Octy up to 2004. I know it's a different model, but how much change was bodywork and how much was mechanics?

I mean, say the 1.9PD engine, how different is that for <2004 vs >2004?

Just a thought, maybe 75% is usable with a early Octy Jaynes book?

Cheers All

I saw that too! Does anyone know if there are any major changes from 2004 to 2008 models?

I saw that too! Does anyone know if there are any major changes from 2004 to 2008 models?

Body

100% different except for the badge on the boot lid.

Mechanics

100% different except for the smaller engines.

Suggest a download from Erwin.com (needs the specific VIN number) or Manuals4cars on e-bay.