Clutch/Flywheel review

Bodge

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Bodge, so you just ordered this from Skoda UK Parts "G60 Flywheel = 028 105 269 BX", quoting that very part number? Can you remember the price of it?

Yep, I just walked into my local Skoda dealership and ordered the flywheel.

Part number was 028105269BX.

It cost me £99 (plus a £30 surcharge, which you get back when you return the old DMF). I did get a decent discount from them though, so don't be surprised if they quote more than that.

I got the flywheel bolts and coverplate bolts from Skoda too. But bought the VR6 clutch kit from GSF.

23k miles now and still faultless. I've been driving a new Caddy for the last 2 weeks, so hopping back in the Skoda after that time makes it feel like a supercar! Good to be back to nice clutch feel and epic launch capability!

• 10 months later...

Just read this all Bodge, it's a good read. It seems the only way to go for a clutch/smf change, which I have to do right now.

Have you had any problems since then?

Nope, not a single issue since it was fitted. I give it some real stick sometimes too and it never slips, even with all the extra torque now (354Nm).

People claim the parts are good for 400Nm and 250bhp, so this seems to ring true for me.