"Engine Workshop!" Warning message

Hello,

This morning when starting the car, I turned the key until the dashboard lights came on. As I always do, waiting for the Glow Plug light to go out before turning the engine over. Then I got a message saying ENGINE WORKSHOP! on the display. This was before I even started the engine, it was there for about 3 seconds, then went. I have since started the car a few times today, and nothing.

Any suggestions or previous experience of this?

Kind regards

SJ

Quite often this is a brake light or brake switch problem, a simple way to check is to test your brake lights I guess. Quite a common problem apparently. I hear it's an easy enough fix and the replacement switches are of a newer design.

Failing that get your fault codes read. Sod it, get them read anyhow, then go from there.

My bet is Coolant temp sensor. Intermittant so will come and go.

About £15 and not that hard to change although I advise you to do it with engine cold. Also your need some coolant. You can do the job in about 5 mins.

Your need VAG.COM to read the fault code though. Where do you live?

Regards

• 2 months later...

Hello,

This morning when starting the car, I turned the key until the dashboard lights came on. As I always do, waiting for the Glow Plug light to go out before turning the engine over. Then I got a message saying ENGINE WORKSHOP! on the display. This was before I even started the engine, it was there for about 3 seconds, then went. I have since started the car a few times today, and nothing.

Any suggestions or previous experience of this?

Kind regards

SJ

hello

if you are after service you need to reset the counter to the next service (do it in the skoda dealer/garage)

or you are close to near service thats it.

yos1111

My bet is Coolant temp sensor. Intermittant so will come and go.

About £15 and not that hard to change although I advise you to do it with engine cold. Also your need some coolant. You can do the job in about 5 mins.

Your need VAG.COM to read the fault code though. Where do you live?

Regards

temp sensor says "emmisions workshop"