Is The Yeti VAG's Cleverest Vehicle?

octy888

Sorry. I thought you wanted to hide the luggage from prying eyes. Waving a DVD screen at any passing thief would be enough to have your windows pushed through without your luggage being on show.

A neccesity to pass a few hours for our little one Im afraid (Bilboa to Altea, Altea - Barcelona, Barcelona through France to Calais = bored three year old otherwise) - the tints wont let it be seen by passing by the window and its pretty slim so shouldn't draw attention through other windows.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Twin DVD players were the best £200 I've ever spent. The longest uninterupted conversations my husband and I have had are in the car when these are on for the kids in the back. What about slipping headrest covers over them for peace of mind? Ours are quite bulky so this probably wouldn't work but if they're slimline...?

Edited by CharlieB72

Twin DVD players were the best £200 I've ever spent. The longest uninterupted conversations my husband and I have had are in the car when these are on for the kids in the back. What about slipping headrest covers over them for peace of mind? Ours are quite bulky so this probably wouldn't work but if they're slimline...?

:D You took the words right out of my mouth. :giggle:

Just reread my post - FYI I was talking about slipping the headrest covers over the DVD players!!

Just reread my post - FYI I was talking about slipping the headrest covers over the DVD players!!

I got that :yes: :)

I'll await collection, rig it up and see how visible the screen is - its only a single one in my case and it'll only be in place for the trip but I'll have better idea when its in place. :)

Thanks for the idea,

Lee

Our s-max has very dark privace glass (looks a bit too "gangsta" imho).

However, the twin DVD headrest-mounted screens are left on all year round - you've got to press your nose up to the screen to see them from outside !

Other advantage if you do go for extra darkening is that it makes the rear cabin darker, whcih improves the visibility of the DVD player.

Our s-max has very dark privace glass (looks a bit too "gangsta" imho).

However, the twin DVD headrest-mounted screens are left on all year round - you've got to press your nose up to the screen to see them from outside !

Other advantage if you do go for extra darkening is that it makes the rear cabin darker, whcih improves the visibility of the DVD player.

Thanks for that. Didnt think about the contrast of the screen - will obviously be better with darker glass. :) And then the Panaromic roof can be opened when we do want to flood the light into the cabin :yes:

Ive just been told by the dealer that its looking like a week 11 build (end of March) with a 4-7 week delivery time to the dealer after that. A little later that I thought it would be but Im now officially excited! :rofl:

Its price and ability covers a huge range of alternatives and various other vehicle types.

In its cheapest guise the Yeti competes with the likes of Honda's Jazz - offering significant advantages over it.

In its most expensive 4x4 guise it competes well against vehicles such as Freelander and the like offering significant financial advantages.

From what looks upon first glance to be a niche vehicle could this actually be VAG's cleverest.......what do you think??

Everyone's going to have their own opinion on this (as can be seen in this thread), but this was my logic behind going for a Yeti (having looked at Nissan, LR, VW, Ford altenatives):-

1. Quality, fantastic fit and finish inside and looks like it's going to last.

2. Take the seats out, buy the Skoda internal bike rack an 2 (expensive) mountain bikes are away from sticy little fingers. Very few cars (unless you want an MPV) can carry bikes this securely and leave space for luggage, it's the height that makes this possible, certainly not an option in a Freelander, I know, I measured.

3. Great driving dynamics. Took a test drive and it drives and rides better than any of previous cars (VW, Seat, Audi and Volvo).

4. Just bought a caravan and needed something with guts enough to tow, without resorting to a full size SUV (running costs, social stigma, etc).

Overall I think this is a fabulous car, I bought an ex demo with lots of toys (highly recommend the Sunroof), but it really drives like a scaled down luxury SUV, I've done 4,500 miles since November and it's just starting to loosen up (140 Tdi).

2. Take the seats out, buy the Skoda internal bike rack an 2 (expensive) mountain bikes are away from sticy little fingers. Very few cars (unless you want an MPV) can carry bikes this securely and leave space for luggage, it's the height that makes this possible, certainly not an option in a Freelander, I know, I measured.

do you just take front wheel out and the seat? is it easy to load them in this way? Bike carrying ability is one of my key factors when looking at cars. A berlingo is the ideal carrier but so gutless and ugly!!

do you just take front wheel out and the seat? is it easy to load them in this way? Bike carrying ability is one of my key factors when looking at cars. A berlingo is the ideal carrier but so gutless and ugly!!

Drop the front wheels off, the forks slot into the bike rack and lock into place, there are then straps to lock around the seat posts (designed to fit 2 bikes in) and click into the seat brackets, and then tightened up, locking everything really securely. Othe that the Roomster that works the same way I can't think of another decent vehicle (excluding MPVs) that you can do this with. Having said that it looks like you can get the bike rack to fit the new Superb Combi, but I can't see that would have the height.

Boot size was limiting factor on the Yeti, we have two greyhounds and they wouldn't easily fit in without lowering the rear seats, (this is what we do at the moment with the Fabia).

Dogs and luggage end up in the same space. At least in the Octy estate dogs will go behind rear seats, luggage on the back seats.

Shame as I actually like the looks of the Yeti, quite fancied the 170 diesel, looks again on Saturday when we were shopping round for an Octy.

Seating arrangement looks similar to Mercedes A170, flat floor, all seats bar drivers seat removable. Greyt for moving stuff.

D

Boot size was limiting factor on the Yeti, we have two greyhounds and they wouldn't easily fit in without lowering the rear seats, (this is what we do at the moment with the Fabia).

Dogs and luggage end up in the same space. At least in the Octy estate dogs will go behind rear seats, luggage on the back seats.

Shame as I actually like the looks of the Yeti, quite fancied the 170 diesel, looks again on Saturday when we were shopping round for an Octy.

Seating arrangement looks similar to Mercedes A170, flat floor, all seats bar drivers seat removable. Greyt for moving stuff.

D

Yu may be better off with the Octavia Estate/Scout, it has more boot space.

It won't be long and the Octys will have CR143 engines instead of the old PD140s though.

How long though? My local Skoda dealer, and Skoda UK, deny any knowledge of this as I specifically asked this question. I presume the denial is so they can keep shifting the old PD engines that they must have stored somewhere.

Just to add to a previous response. I took my golf clubs down to the garage today to see how much I would have to take out to fit it in the boot. I slid one of the back seats forward but made sure that an adult could still fit in the seat comfortably without being forced against the drivers seat. I took all of the woods out, leaving the irons in, and the bag fitted no problem. I added the 5 wood, no problems. Then the the 3 wood, still okay. Feeling cocky I went for the big boys driver. YES, it made it. The bag was a cart bag, not a small carry bag, and it was a full sized driver.

So, the boot may not be an Octavia but it is deceptive in what it can take length and width ways. If in doubt, take your key item to the dealers and give it a go.

So, the boot may not be an Octavia but it is deceptive in what it can take length and width ways. If in doubt, take your key item to the dealers and give it a go.

Anyone know a dealer who will let me try two greyhounds for size ;-)

D