Snow Monster in Aberdeenshire

grahamar

Rumour has it there a few Yeti's to be spotted in/around Aberdeesnhire.......

Here's our Yeti 2.0 SE (140) this morning ( some hastily taken pics ) - at home in the Scottish Snow after the drive up from London.

SideView

RearView

Front View

Front/SideView

Graham

Hi,

The car is really nice to drive - having done the motorway run, plenty of pull when needed to overtake or climb the uphill sections, and with weather varible rain, sunshine and sleet showers - and then onto the local roads - 5" or snow/ice and a steep down hill then sharp incline to get to my house.

I had good opportunity to try out the off-road button features. Even though the car has Summer tyres ( GoodYear "Excellence") - Winter's going on tomorrow ( Nokian WRG2) - the car was faultless in the snow,only deviating when I went through a large-ish snow drift - where the front of the car was pushed left and had to be corrected - but I could feel the rear of the car pushing the car through the snow and out the otherside.

A slight wheel spin going uphill- but agin you could feel the back pushing as well as the front pulling and so no momentum was lost.

Very impressed with the driving position and features -which I'm still learning about - lot's of little nice touches that make the difference.

Graham

Edited by grahamar

Your car looks great in the Aberdeenshire Snow. That part of Scotland I do not know well at all, even though I have a friend with a farm up in that county. He tells me that you have real snow up there, not the dusting that we have down here. :rofl:

Hi Anthony,

You can get an idea of the Snowy conditions around/near where I live here:

webcam

If you look at the webcams south of Stonehaven you can see there's no snow - yet when ou look at the camera's around Huntly you see a different story.

Hence why some folk in Aberdeen can't understand what we're talking about when we say it's snowing here!

I find it useful to check the webcams/current incidents before venturing out!

Graham

Edited by grahamar

• 2 months later...

What a Nice place. Your Yeti looks really great in the snow. I've checked a few web cams from the site you suggested and they remainded me of a terrific tour I made (..almost 25 years ago), with some friends from Milan (italy) to Scotland visiting castles and palaces, ...on a Fiat Uno (steering Wheel on the left!) we were without any doubt out of our minds!

I wish I could repeat the tour with my Yeti!

cheers!

Graham,

Hows it dealing with the potholes on our roads?

Mike - Kinmuck

Hi Mike,

potholes - yes there too many right now aren't there! - yes it's dealing with them fine, there are some large ones near where I live - the repairs keep being washed away by the snow melt, and the car is o.k.

going over them. Clearly the really big ones are to be avoided unless you are driving something more akin to a Tank than the Yeti!

rgds

Graham

What a Nice place. Your Yeti looks really great in the snow. I've checked a few web cams from the site you suggested and they remainded me of a terrific tour I made (..almost 25 years ago), with some friends from Milan (italy) to Scotland visiting castles and palaces, ...on a Fiat Uno (steering Wheel on the left!) we were without any doubt out of our minds!

I wish I could repeat the tour with my Yeti!

cheers!

Hi Elcano,

here's another look at the YETI - this time in last weeks snow. Yes it really is there!! I think the Fiat Uno would have been completely buried in it!

My link

Graham

Edited by grahamar

Hi Elcano,

here's another look at the YETI - this time in last weeks snow. Yes it really is there!! I think the Fiat Uno would have been completely buried in it!

My link

Graham

Blimey Graham - you surely did not manage to drive your Monster away from that lot of snow....did you?

Mike

Blimey Graham - you surely did not manage to drive your Monster away from that lot of snow....did you?

Mike

Hi Mike,

no I wasn't tempted to just clear a hole in the windscreen and drive off down the road.!

I did get a bit worried about how much snow the yeti roof could take before buckling....so I set about getting the snow off the roof/bonnet to let the Yeti be seen again....as you can see here:

It's a Yeti

- but even though I could see the car ....... this was the view of the road ahead .... :doh:

The road

So nothing doing until the Snow Plough arrived...

Maybe that should/could be an optional extra for the Yeti.....???

Graham

Hi Mike,

no I wasn't tempted to just clear a hole in the windscreen and drive off down the road.!

I did get a bit worried about how much snow the yeti roof could take before buckling....so I set about getting the snow off the roof/bonnet to let the Yeti be seen again....as you can see here:

It's a Yeti

- but even though I could see the car ....... this was the view of the road ahead .... :doh:

The road

So nothing doing until the Snow Plough arrived...

Maybe that should/could be an optional extra for the Yeti.....???

Graham

Graham,

With a decent set of winters, that should have been no problem - you can see where the road goes!

We had a few places like that this winter - piece of cake.

Graham,

With a decent set of winters, that should have been no problem - you can see where the road goes!

We had a few places like that this winter - piece of cake.

Graham,

Thats just we call a light dusting in Inverurie. I have drive road like that in my Mk1 Elise.

B)