Fabia VRS SE

martyman

Hi all im Marty, this is my first post so please bear with me......... Straight to the point. I have a Fabia VRS SE which i have owned for 5 months now. I like the car alot however i think the car has several problems which the dealer wont rectify.

The car was serviced just b4 xmas and none of the faults have been fixed. Just after some heads up if any of you have came accross these faults before.

1: Suspension knocks when cornering over bumps or when parking up. When i got the car i complained about knocking and the wishbone bushes where replaced but never cured the knock. What they did tell me at the last service was they found a rattle at the gearstick and told me it was that but i know a suspension knock when i hear one.

2:Numerous interior rattle's from all over the car. For a vw product im disappointed that at 33000 miles the car is as rattly as it is.

3: The biggest gripe i have with them is the engine.......I am a massive fan of the vw pd engine and have owned several over the past few years but this one just doesn't sound right to me. First of all the idle is at 750 rpm, every other one i've had has idle'd at 850 - 900 rpm, and because the idle is so low there is a low pitched whistle from the engine. I asked them to turn the idle up but they told me it cant be done..................The engine has also developed a whine about 2000 rpm, the service manager agreed with me but said it was not excessive enough to fix....... what is excessive? BANG!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It sounds to me like an alternator bearing but he reckons turbo but i dont think so..........To me it sounds like a tractor rather than a healthy modern diesel engine,,,,,,,,,,,, Very rattly and hint of a misfire on idle.

The engine code is BLT............................................ Any info would be much appreciated. I want to get the car fixed as it's still under warrenty.

Thanks Marty

• 1 month later...

Hi all im Marty, this is my first post so please bear with me......... Straight to the point. I have a Fabia VRS SE which i have owned for 5 months now. I like the car alot however i think the car has several problems which the dealer wont rectify.

The car was serviced just b4 xmas and none of the faults have been fixed. Just after some heads up if any of you have came accross these faults before.

1: Suspension knocks when cornering over bumps or when parking up. When i got the car i complained about knocking and the wishbone bushes where replaced but never cured the knock. What they did tell me at the last service was they found a rattle at the gearstick and told me it was that but i know a suspension knock when i hear one.

2:Numerous interior rattle's from all over the car. For a vw product im disappointed that at 33000 miles the car is as rattly as it is.

3: The biggest gripe i have with them is the engine.......I am a massive fan of the vw pd engine and have owned several over the past few years but this one just doesn't sound right to me. First of all the idle is at 750 rpm, every other one i've had has idle'd at 850 - 900 rpm, and because the idle is so low there is a low pitched whistle from the engine. I asked them to turn the idle up but they told me it cant be done..................The engine has also developed a whine about 2000 rpm, the service manager agreed with me but said it was not excessive enough to fix....... what is excessive? BANG!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It sounds to me like an alternator bearing but he reckons turbo but i dont think so..........To me it sounds like a tractor rather than a healthy modern diesel engine,,,,,,,,,,,, Very rattly and hint of a misfire on idle.

The engine code is BLT............................................ Any info would be much appreciated. I want to get the car fixed as it's still under warrenty.

Thanks Marty

hi all i have a 2006 vrs with blt engine and 49k. engine over idles when driving about town, stoping at junctiond ect. blip the throtle and goes back to normal. mine also has a misfire when idleing when cold after about 5 mins. kinda iritating

also my dealer was usless when got bar brandnew! 5 200 mile trips to fix fuel gauge then another 2 to replace egr all whit in 1st 6 months.

another complaint is the drivers seat sinking. payed £1400 for the black leather but have a metal bad worn through the foam seat cushion. on the right hand . replaced but did same within 500 miles.never been to dealer in 3 years and better off local indipendant servicing.

thanks george .