comfort control module

Hi All

Just aquired a new CCM for my 2003 Superb 2.5 TDI Tiptonic Elegance which had the usual water ingress (indoor swimming pool) issue. CCM was damaged and I have a new replacement with correct model number (1C0 959 799 B). What is the procedure for installation? Is it plug'n'play or is there a set list f actions? All help gratefully recieved.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All

Just aquired a new CCM for my 2003 Superb 2.5 TDI Tiptonic Elegance which had the usual water ingress (indoor swimming pool) issue. CCM was damaged and I have a new replacement with correct model number (1C0 959 799 B). What is the procedure for installation? Is it plug'n'play or is there a set list f actions? All help gratefully recieved.

Hey

You need to get the exact same part number. Some encoding might be needed for stereo etc.. The CCM is in a big plastic box under the seat. Pretty easy to replace when you lift carpet/lining. Get it out, check part number and get a new/used one (you already done that :-) ). NB! Check all nodes under carpet behind seat too. Gave me a real headache to find all corroded nodes after my swimming pool experience...

Search in forum here for slashing footwell etc. Many good guides and explanations.

Hey

You need to get the exact same part number. Some encoding might be needed for stereo etc.. The CCM is in a big plastic box under the seat. Pretty easy to replace when you lift carpet/lining. Get it out, check part number and get a new/used one (you already done that :-) ). NB! Check all nodes under carpet behind seat too. Gave me a real headache to find all corroded nodes after my swimming pool experience...

Search in forum here for slashing footwell etc. Many good guides and explanations.

HI

Checked all the nodes and connections under the front passenger carpet - relatively easy to access. I didn't realise there were many connections under the carpet behind the seat as well! How do you get at them? What cable was broken/corroded? Any help gratefully received.

Regards

Stephen

• 2 weeks later...

Hey

What are the Nodes? (If I don't ask I'll never know)

John W