Fabia Vrs Fuel temp sensor replace guide

gramee

Hi Guys,

Fabia Vrs 05 plate

Engine light has been on, diagnostic has been carried out and it's a faulty Fuel Temp Sensor

a - Does anyone have a part number?

b - Is it difficult to replace?

Big thanks to fatty5000 who did the initial diagnostic for me on a freezing friday night....top bloke :thumbup:

Cheers,

Graham

Part number is 06A 919 501/A

Usual dealer price is about £25. I have some of these and can send you a genuine new one for £12.50 inc postage if you can pay by PayPal. PM me if interested.

Replacement is very easy. Just remove the electrical connector, pull out the horseshoe cip and remove the old sensor and insert the new one. Replace clip and connector. I think there is a guide on here somewhere.

Part number is 06A 919 501/A

Usual dealer price is about £25. I have some of these and can send you a genuine new one for £12.50 inc postage if you can pay by PayPal. PM me if interested.

Replacement is very easy. Just remove the electrical connector, pull out the horseshoe cip and remove the old sensor and insert the new one. Replace clip and connector. I think there is a guide on here somewhere.

That's the part number for the COOLANT temperature sensor. If that's what you mean, the guide's here [link] but most of the pictures apply to the 1.4. If you DO mean the fuel temperature sensor, then it's the part marked in this guide for the Evry Mod [link]. The fitting method would still apply, but you'd need to take care to mop up any fuel you spill if you don't drain the system first...

It's definitely the Fuel Temp Sensor, from VAG-COM & from the garage:

Address 01: Engine Labels: 038-906-019-ASZ.lbl

Part No: 038 906 019 NF

Component: 1,9l R4 EDC 0000SG 7000

Coding: 00102

Shop #: WSC 13765

TMBWU46YX64446533 SKZ7Z0E3034531

1 Fault Found:

17571 - Fuel Temp Sensor (G81): Open or Short to Plus

P1163 - 35-10 - - - Intermittent

Readiness: 1 1 0 0 0

had a peruse of the evry mod - as far as I could tell, it involves splicing etc.., sounds a wee bit crazy to me, maybe I'll just let the garage handle it :yes:

Thanks for the replies

Graham

No, you're missing the point: the Evry mod is something you can do on the sensor that failed on your car. But I'm not suggesting you do the mod - just telling you that the thread shows you where the sensor is! ;)

HTH

This seems much better all-round - shame I didn't find it in the first place! :rofl:

Clicky Linky

HTH

thats for a non pd engine tho mate .. the fuel temp sensor looks exactly like the coolant temp sensor on the pd engines its on the front of the head on a small diameter pipe, just follow the pipes back from the tandam pump and you will find it, clipped in the same as the coolant temp is (it is a different sensor to the coolant temp as its stainless steel instead of brass of plastic ) take 20 seconds to change it and have seen a few fail now

thats for a non pd engine tho mate .. the fuel temp sensor looks exactly like the coolant temp sensor on the pd engines its on the front of the head on a small diameter pipe, just follow the pipes back from the tandam pump and you will find it, clipped in the same as the coolant temp is (it is a different sensor to the coolant temp as its stainless steel instead of brass of plastic ) take 20 seconds to change it and have seen a few fail now

Duff info on the linked post, then - sorry!

Duff info on the linked post, then - sorry!

The part number you require for fuel temp sensor is 038 906 081B

Just fitted one but no change now looking for wiring diagram suspect wiring fault.

Good luck.

Thats the right number. Last one I bought was about £20 I think. They come with the housing, which you don't need to replace. Just remove sensor from new housing and replace the old one with it.

Check wiring and connector before you do anything though. Also make sure no one has fitted a "tuning device" in the circuit (if its a secondhand car).

Fuel Temp Sensor ordered :thumbup: , one last question, would somebody post a dummies guide for me, even a couple of pics would be great

Again, thanks to all those who've helped, it IS much appreciated

Cheers,

Graham

Thats the right number. Last one I bought was about £20 I think. They come with the housing, which you don't need to replace. Just remove sensor from new housing and replace the old one with it.

Check wiring and connector before you do anything though. Also make sure no one has fitted a "tuning device" in the circuit (if its a secondhand car).

Soooooo......where is it in the engine?.....i.e the engine cover is off......i'm looking at the engine....full of hope.....

oh wait....where....am I looking??....please?

Cheers,

Graham