TPMS retrofitted today

Our Touran's manual says TPM either has a button or can be set via maxidot/highline

So can it be coded via vcds to use the dash instead of a button?

I think you will find that the version of TPMS you have is the direct version with readings for each wheel

• Like 1

Not sure if this will be useful to anybody, but I have recently installed the Tyrepal 1000 system to my Scout. They had it on offer for £115.

You attach the sensors to the tyrevalves and they connects wirelessly to a reader that you can place anywhere in the car. I have it attached to one of the airvents. I had initial issues with it occasionally not recognising one of the sensors, but after I fitted fresh batteries (supplied by the company after I emailed them about it) it has been working fine and dandy.

It is quite customisable, BAR, PSI, C or F. The display flashes and a buzzer sounds when a tyre goes beyond the parametres you have set.

It does not negate you still checking your tyres every week as I had screw embedded in the tread, but as no air was escaping, the sesnors obviously couldn't detect it, but it did detect the slow puncture I had last week!

Fin

Wondering if this is better than the Skoda system. It's the only option I didn't fit from factory cos at first I thought it would be a brilliant, Renault type system (but one that actually worked!) but then read that for a lot of people it gave annoying false readings and thought I didn't want the aggro if it did it to mine.

Does this wiring loom button look about right?http://www.aliexpress.com/item/The-Volkswagen-4S-Skoda-tire-pressure-switch-tire-pressure-monitoring-from-the-broken-line-with-adapter/1276572458.htmlor (same loom different seller)http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Skoda-octavia-tire-switch-wire-harness-line-wire-harness/1217655276.html

A, connection methods: ASR will pick out the pin switch minus 3 feet, inserted in the corresponding position of the black plug (note the line sequence cannot be wrong), then the line on the wiring harness of the insert pin switch back to the original ASR stitch. Red line (tire pressure switch 4 feet) by ABS pump outlet 7 feet. Line color is not uniform color, please find corresponding line according to the definition of the following stitching color: Tire pressure switch 2 feet (black) corresponding to the ASR crural line 6 color Tire pressure switch 3 feet (gray) corresponding to the ASR crural line 3 color Tire pressure switch feet 6 corresponding ASR crural line 4 color (brown) Second, the wiring method: ABS pump's red line need to dismantle the co-pilot locker, go locker at the back of the hole and into the engine compartment. Three, computer matching: Into the ABS control unit - "recode -" on the basis of the original code: 0016384, for example: 0021121-0016384 = 0004737 - execution

They look right to me.

The second one looks like it needs terminals swapping to new connectors as opposed to the first one needing wires chopped & soldered.

• 2 weeks later...

got the TPMS coded in yesterday.  The problem was that the ABS controller doesn't have a long coding helper so I had to work out what the software code was by adding up the applicable numbers in the yellow  pop-up box in VCDS.

Stuffed it up once & thought I'd made an expensive paper-weight out of the car. 

I'll drive a few days & test the system then do a DIY.

interesting to note that the ABS software code for 15/16" wheels is different from 17" - I assume this gives a subtle difference in how the ABS reacts when braking