Brake Pedal Switch

stu69

Firstly im very very very sorry if you've heard this a 1000 times before but my dam 04reg fabia vrs has a flashing glow plug light which thanks to the forums i have found out is most likely the brake pedal switch as the rear brake lights dont work 99% of the time.. I have tried looking over the forums and have found that i probably need this-http://www.fabia-vrs.com/technical-info/brake-pedal-switch-failures/.

Which is very helpful and im waiting for a reply from the local skoda dealer to see if he can get me one, but as i am one of many people who hate their rip off labour prices for fitting a simple part thought id do it myself-BUT i cant find any guides for this-can anyone help please its not good with no brake lights in a VRS......

Ta

Firstly im very very very sorry if you've heard this a 1000 times before but my dam 04reg fabia vrs has a flashing glow plug light which thanks to the forums i have found out is most likely the brake pedal switch as the rear brake lights dont work 99% of the time.. I have tried looking over the forums and have found that i probably need this-http://www.fabia-vrs.com/technical-info/brake-pedal-switch-failures/.

Which is very helpful and im waiting for a reply from the local skoda dealer to see if he can get me one, but as i am one of many people who hate their rip off labour prices for fitting a simple part thought id do it myself-BUT i cant find any guides for this-can anyone help please its not good with no brake lights in a VRS......

Ta

Hi

This may sound really stupid, but I have a Haynes manual which explains exactly how to do this ..... It could be scanned and emailed to you.......

Hi

This may sound really stupid, but I have a Haynes manual which explains exactly how to do this ..... It could be scanned and emailed to you.......

Cheers All, Have lent an Haynes manual from a friend, called a few garages and seems theres different opinions on this one said do you mean a brake pedal switch or a brake light switch which stumped me, local skoda dealer said 'that part number you gave us doesn't exist' which stumped me, another one said £60 mate maybe more as we might have to re-programme it-which annoyed me as i know its a £10 part, Basically Ive given up its going into a garage tomorrow and they can keep it until its fixed-ill be in the pub. Thanks for the advise though if the garage doesnt fix it (worries me as last thing he said was-we dont get many skodas in here) then ill just take it to skoda and they can rip me off as well, think its a vw part thats failed as well!!!!!

Cheers All, Have lent an Haynes manual from a friend, called a few garages and seems theres different opinions on this one said do you mean a brake pedal switch or a brake light switch which stumped me, local skoda dealer said 'that part number you gave us doesn't exist' which stumped me, another one said £60 mate maybe more as we might have to re-programme it-which annoyed me as i know its a £10 part, Basically Ive given up its going into a garage tomorrow and they can keep it until its fixed-ill be in the pub. Thanks for the advise though if the garage doesnt fix it (worries me as last thing he said was-we dont get many skodas in here) then ill just take it to skoda and they can rip me off as well, think its a vw part thats failed as well!!!!!

P.S. Just incase does anyone know where i could order one of these online.