Fabia vRS Radio Kit from Ebay

Hello!

I have recently decided to put a Sony head unit that I have from an old car in the fabia. I was going to get the autoleads fascia from ebay, but noticed this kit from ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Skoda-Fabia-Stereo-Radio-Fascia-Facia-Plate-Lead-Keys_W0QQitemZ300387000363QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CarsParts_Vehicles_FasciaPlates_SM?hash=item45f075e02b#ht_1592wt_1165

The keys and fascia come to a tenner anyway... but my question is do I need the rest of the wiring? I already have the ISO - Sony adapter kit from the old car and an aerial adapter (I don't think it is a power adapter, just an adapter to compensate for an N Reg Nissan's old wiring). And, if I used this adapter, do I still need to swap the power wires?

Cheers guys.

PS - Does anyone else have problems with Symphony Radio changing its volume by itself, or jumping the volume levels when you adjust it?!?!?

Edited by stuninho

By far the best fascia adaptor is the genuine Skoda one, which is also the cheapest at about £2 from a dealer. Automatic volume adjustment works from the car's speed sensor and is adjustable in the setup. Mine certainly never jumped about in volume, but I haven't had one on the car for about 2 years now.

As mentioned in the previous post dont bother with the autoleads adapter, the official skoda item costs about £2 from your dealer. If you already have the antenna booster then use the existing one. The ISO adapter in the picture will swap the switched and perm 12v supplies to the correct pins and also bypass the so called "K" diagnostics wire which if left connected can cause issues elsewhere in the car and with the dealers diagnostics tools.