squeaky glove box

SNH

just recently my octavia vrs glove box has started with an annoying squeak, it goes away if you apply pressure to it. ie passenger rests a knee on it :rofl: but as theres not always a passenger in the car i was wondering if anyone else has had this problem or if i should just get some sticky foam of some sort and put it around the inside edge of the lid and hope it works :S

Edited by sivrs

just recently my octavia vrs glove box has started with an annoying squeak, it goes away if you apply pressure to it. ie passenger rests a knee on it :rofl: but as theres not always a passenger in the car i was wondering if anyone else has had this problem or if i should just get some sticky foam of some sort and put it around the inside edge of the lid and hope it works :S

The noise is caused by the lock mechanism. Basically when there is no pressure on it the mechanism jiggles around causing the squeak/rattle. What you need to do is ensure that there is always pressure on the mechanism.

To do that you can put some thin foam (or any other material to pad it out) along the two vertical edges inside the glove box.

Basically you are trying to ensure that this foam is gently trying to push the glove box open whilst it is closed, if that makes sense. This little bit of pressure on the mechanism should stop the noise.

The noise is caused by the lock mechanism. Basically when there is no pressure on it the mechanism jiggles around causing the squeak/rattle. What you need to do is ensure that there is always pressure on the mechanism.

To do that you can put some thin foam (or any other material to pad it out) along the two vertical edges inside the glove box.

Basically you are trying to ensure that this foam is gently trying to push the glove box open whilst it is closed, if that makes sense. This little bit of pressure on the mechanism should stop the noise.

thanks B)

thought that mite work but just wanted to be certain :thumbup: