Problems, need help folks!

froggey

Has any body had this problem with the octy 1 i have massive amounts of creeking from the front end when i go over speed bumps or hit a pot hole.

I have had the D bushes changed 2 months ago and it has started to happen again and it sounds like an old bed terrible.

Just wondering what to do? And What it is?

hi

i have just replaced my roll bar bushes with polly bushes and man that was the best thing i have ever done all my noises from the front have now gone it even stopped the brake judder i had.

i would not advise the factory bushes as they did not last that long i got mine from here http://www.priracing.com/section.php/304/1/octavia-96---03 and they came very quick .

Has any body had this problem with the octy 1 i have massive amounts of creeking from the front end when i go over speed bumps or hit a pot hole.

I have had the D bushes changed 2 months ago and it has started to happen again and it sounds like an old bed terrible.

Just wondering what to do? And What it is?

If they are not worn, then try sparying some lithium grease on them. I have to do this every month or so, but mine are SUperpro bushes, not standard. Never had creaks with the standard bushes until they were worn.

hi

i have just replaced my roll bar bushes with polly bushes and man that was the best thing i have ever done all my noises from the front have now gone it even stopped the brake judder i had.

i would not advise the factory bushes as they did not last that long i got mine from here http://www.priracing.com/section.php/304/1/octavia-96---03 and they came very quick .

what MM is the octy bushes?

edit - just read its 19mm

Edited by vRShafz

hi

Thanks for this did you replace the bar as well. Also i have just looked over the site you have sent did you buy the full kit for £160 or just replace the roll bar link bushes? I car'nt believe something so small would cause so much noise it's emaressing.

Thanks for this did you replace the bar as well. Also i have just looked over the site you have sent did you buy the full kit for £160 or just replace the roll bar link bushes? I car'nt believe something so small would cause so much noise it's emaressing.

If it's creaking even after having the bushes changed recently, then it's the plastic sleeves causing the creaking, not the bushes. So poly bushes won't help it, and anyway poly bushes creak more than the standard bushes normally!

You have two options to stop the creaking really:

1. Remove the plastic sleeves from the bar (they sit under the bushes), and run the new type bushes that have a smaller ID to run sleeveless. Make sure you get the right part if you do this though.

ARB bush for 19mm bar (20mm hole for use with sleeve): 1J0 411 314 P

ARB bush for 19mm bar (17mm hole for use without sleeve): 1J0 411 314 S

2. Get a new bar fitted, which involves dropping the subframe at one end to get the bar in and out. Obviously this is the expensive route.

I went down the smaller bush route around 9 months ago, and I've not heard a squeak since. Here's what I did: http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/133212-front-suspension-refresh-photos/page__p__1670288__fromsearch__1entry1670288

If it's creaking even after having the bushes changed recently, then it's the plastic sleeves causing the creaking, not the bushes. So poly bushes won't help it, and anyway poly bushes creak more than the standard bushes normally!

You have two options to stop the creaking really:

1. Remove the plastic sleeves from the bar (they sit under the bushes), and run the new type bushes that have a smaller ID to run sleeveless. Make sure you get the right part if you do this though.

ARB bush for 19mm bar (20mm hole for use with sleeve): 1J0 411 314 P

ARB bush for 19mm bar (17mm hole for use without sleeve): 1J0 411 314 S

2. Get a new bar fitted, which involves dropping the subframe at one end to get the bar in and out. Obviously this is the expensive route.

I went down the smaller bush route around 9 months ago, and I've not heard a squeak since. Here's what I did: http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/133212-front-suspension-refresh-photos/page__p__1670288__fromsearch__1entry1670288