This weeks Auto Express

Compares the Superb to 40 or so other motors in a knock out format.

Superb wins!

Most ridiculous test ever, 40 plus cars fighting it out for best family car - the final was Superb vs Renault Scenic of all things.

If that's the best A.E. can come up with - what a waste of ink !!

I'll bet Skoda UK make a meal of this .

Glad it pipped the Mondeo and the Vectra though.

It will pip anything in it's class, and especially in it's price bracket, other than the rear end styling I'd bet the whole motor industry is thinking wtf are we going to do to beat this and still make money.

Autocar's top five big estates are the E-class, the Superb, the 5-series, the A6 and the V70 in that order. The E350CDi is about £35k as well. Looks nice though, plus I'd love a car with radar cruise.

If you go on the Mercedes forums all the diehard Merc fans are really slating it. Apparently there's not much room in the cabin area and the rear seat back just folds down onto the squab leaving the loading area not flat!

If you go on the Mercedes forums all the diehard Merc fans are really slating it. Apparently there's not much room in the cabin area and the rear seat back just folds down onto the squab leaving the loading area not flat!

It's funny how ppl who parted with 50k for the same spec as an S model Superb would winge anyway, god these types make me sick, they are the epitomy of the classes who would elect a rule to say no cars under 100k allowed on the road to reserve it all to themselves.