solar sunroof

Stupid question and i am sure the answer is just as obvious but what is the solar sunroof advertised in the options list? I have seen it on another brand of car that i cant remember and it cooled the car through solar energy but cant find any info on it in the brouchure.. Any ideas????

On the skoda uk, website, it is listed as an optional extra, as " electric sliding solar sunroof £805 " , the "electric tilt and slide sunroof comes in at £605 " hope this helps,

go to choose your vehicle, and it is listed under the exterior heading of standard and optional features,

On the skoda uk, website, it is listed as an optional extra, as " electric sliding solar sunroof £805 " , the "electric tilt and slide sunroof comes in at £605 " hope this helps,

go to choose your vehicle, and it is listed under the exterior heading of standard and optional features,

cheers buddy but what is the solar bit any ideas???

I think that the solar cells in the sunroof, will provide enough power to run the ventilator fan in the car even with the ignition turnes off, and as such will keep the interior of the car cool, some say temp can be reduced by up to 50%, it also takes no power from the battery.

I think that the solar cells in the sunroof, will provide enough power to run the ventilator fan in the car even with the ignition turnes off, and as such will keep the interior of the car cool, some say temp can be reduced by up to 50%, it also takes no power from the battery.

cheers buddy

sounds good maybe for the continent not up in scotland lol

I had this on my Mk1 Superb and it was quite useful. It certainly kept the car cooler than the Pasat we had on the fleet at the time when in the car park all day. Extra impressive when you know that my car was black and the Pasat was silver.

My Superb II came with one fitted by mistake, so I wasn't charged for it. As stated, it is a solar panel that produces enough power to re-circulate the air inside the car when parked in sunlight. The advantage is that this doesn't place any drain whatsoever on the main battery. The downside is that it doesn't in any way cool, but can tend to prevent any heat build-up. Of course, being a solar panel, there is no view of the sky at all when closed and the undershield slides with the panel as a whole. HTH :)

Ray

Edited by Argee