Tuning box problems?

Hi

I have had a tuning box fitted to my Vrs, that I got off Ebay, for the last 1000 miles or so and I think it did give me a bit of a performance boost. However on the way home tonight the EPC light came on, I turned the engine off and re started but it was still on, so I removed the tuning box and tried again and it's still on.

A few questions:

Have I buggered something? (On the engine)

Will it cost me much to put it right?

Is it just a case of resetting with a Vag-Com?

If so is there anyone local who can do this for me? (In Lincolnshire)(For Beer Vouchers)?

Is my dealer going to be mad at me, if I have to go to see them?

Is it safe to drive as is (Need to get to work)?

Thanks

Heath

I take it you have the cheap resistor in a box type box that plugs in the fuel temp sensor rather than an adjustable digital tuning box.

The EPC thinks you have a fuel temp probe fault and has logged the fault. You will have to have it reset by the dealer or someone with VagCom.

If you take it to your dealer you will have to play thick and say it just came on.

It's safe to drive until you have it reset.

If you put the box back on it will happen again.

Time to invest in a remap or fully adjustable digital tuning box.

Cheers

Lee