Juddering Petrol!

Good Morning all.

My 2.8petrol (44000) auto has developed a nasty judder on light throttle on a gentle slope. Around 1200 - 2250rpm. Fine if you use more right foot.

No engine code comes up and no one can find anything. Compression checked all 179 - 181. New Coil pack, leads and plugs.

HELP HELP!!!!

Thanks in advance HOPE HOPE!!!!

JJ

Mileage? If it's over 50_000m, try having the ATF changed. It may sound bizzare, but I know lots of people who've cured problems with auto Citroens by doing this, and ZF Transmissions recommend it as a service task for all their car boxes.

Edited by KenONeill

Mileage? If it's over 50_000m, try having the ATF changed. It may sound bizzare, but I know lots of people who've cured problems with auto Citroens by doing this, and ZF Transmissions recommend it as a service task for all their car boxes.

Check the engine and gearbox mountings, iirc they are fluid filled so a red stain will indicate if they are shot, but even then they just could be tired, try this, park in the sharp left hand camber of a road, leave the car ten minutes and when you start it again feel for a wobbling sensation and feedback through the pedals

You say you changed the coil pack, but which did you change? My Golf had the same problem last year, juddering at 2400rpm, and it was eventually traced to a faulty coil pack even though no light came on.