Power Folding Mirrors

I am considering the possibility of buying an Elegance, but the availability of no power folding mirrors, other than via the £565 electric

memory seat option was off putting to say the least.

So I spent some time contacting many dealers to try to find out what the current position is.

The difference in the answers received was totally mind blowing. You think of it and I was told it.

However I now think I have arrived at what appears to be the correct answer .

Yes - power folding mirrors are not standard fit on the Elegance, but are available as a factory fit cost option at the time of order.

The part No. is PW 3 and costs £180.00 including vat.

I think this holds good for all models that specify these incorrectly in the sales literature, but can't be sure.

Hopes this clears up some of the confusion

Edited by ramonford

So they've dropped the price of the Elegance without mirrors by £180 then, have they? Course they haven't... why should you have to pay for something which used to be free?! Bonkers, but alas that is life. :(

So they've dropped the price of the Elegance without mirrors by £180 then, have they? Course they haven't... why should you have to pay for something which used to be free?! Bonkers, but alas that is life. :(

Agree entirely with what you say, but even without the mirrors (now at an extra £180) these cars offer the best value for money in all aspects.

Can anyone list anything that even closes close to an Octavia, I would be interested to hear your views.

My dad's new Elegance (picked up last week 02/03/10) was not spec'd with powerfold mirrors but came with them.

Possibly an ex stock one that was built before the decision was made that all new orders were to be an extra cost item.

By the way before this decision all Octavia II Elegances were built with power folding mirrors and you did not have to spec them.

This omission appears to have started when they offered VAT free sales.

I am considering the possibility of buying an Elegance, but the availability of no power folding mirrors, other than via the £565 electric

memory seat option was off putting to say the least.

So I spent some time contacting many dealers to try to find out what the current position is.

The difference in the answers received was totally mind blowing. You think of it and I was told it.

However I now think I have arrived at what appears to be the correct answer .

Yes - power folding mirrors are not standard fit on the Elegance, but are available as a factory fit cost option at the time of order.

The part No. is PW 3 and costs £180.00 including vat.

I think this holds good for all models that specify these incorrectly in the sales literature, but can't be sure.

Hopes this clears up some of the confusion

Possibly an ex stock one that was built before the decision was made that all new orders were to be an extra cost item.

By the way before this decision all Octavia II Elegances were built with power folding mirrors and you did not have to spec them.

This omission appears to have started when they offered VAT free sales.

Nope, factory order... took bloody long enough to arrive :).

It was purchased about Sept/Nov last year when I think the VAT free offer was running, Cappucino Beige Elegance 1.6CR Combi with only Maxidot and spare wheel as options.

Contrary to the list-spec, it came with the false boot floor and power fold mirrors as standard.

I have just ordered an Octavia Scout,in Feb/10, and theUK 01/10 brochure shows them as standard on the Elegance, so I don't understand how they can be an extra.

Regards Bob Wilson

I have just ordered an Octavia Scout,in Feb/10, and theUK 01/10 brochure shows them as standard on the Elegance, so I don't understand how they can be an extra.

Regards Bob Wilson

Sorry to tell you that the brochure is wrong.

Currently under reprint to correct this.

Dealer should point this out to you

I ordered an Octavia Elegance Estate mid Feb and at the time was told by the dealer the spec was as per the brochure (01/2010). Since ordering I asked them to double check the mirrors and variable boot floor were standard and was told yes they should be. Eventually got the bulletin number from this forum and emailed it to them and it turns out they hadnt noticed the chances in the bulletin concerning the folding mirrors. Suffice to say they are now contacting Skoda UK to try and work something out for me.

Hoping they can add them to the car (at no extra cost) as its scheduled for build week 16.

J

I ordered an Octavia Elegance Estate mid Feb and at the time was told by the dealer the spec was as per the brochure (01/2010). Since ordering I asked them to double check the mirrors and variable boot floor were standard and was told yes they should be. Eventually got the bulletin number from this forum and emailed it to them and it turns out they hadnt noticed the chances in the bulletin concerning the folding mirrors. Suffice to say they are now contacting Skoda UK to try and work something out for me.

Hoping they can add them to the car (at no extra cost) as its scheduled for build week 16.

J

I beleive they can by ordering part "PW3"

This is only available for dealers to provide the power folding mirrors for cars which were ordered before they were not

fitted as standard.

OK - so if these are being fitted, the motor which closes the mirrors in must have a part number? Are these a completely different mirror assembly, or is there a motor which can be added onto an existing mirror? Has anyone had a go at a retrofit i.e. knows the part numbers e.t.c.

OK - so if these are being fitted, the motor which closes the mirrors in must have a part number? Are these a completely different mirror assembly, or is there a motor which can be added onto an existing mirror? Has anyone had a go at a retrofit i.e. knows the part numbers e.t.c.

I am lead to believe by those that know that in addition to the door mirror motors you will also need

new internal car wiring and a new control knob on the door.

When I went to order my car the dealer said that it was totally impractical to up grade folding mirrors.

And we all know that dealers never tell a lie -- do they !!!!!!!!!!!!!!