Screen Wash

Has anybody had any problems with the screen was on the Fabia, I have a Fabia Scout and the screen wash is coming out of the of the bottom as soon as I put it in. When I i tried to use the rear wash it came out onto the windscreen, was just wondering if anyone has had this problem. It is going in tomorrow for the Dealer to have a look.

Bob The Bankie

Has anybody had any problems with the screen was on the Fabia, I have a Fabia Scout and the screen wash is coming out of the of the bottom as soon as I put it in. When I i tried to use the rear wash it came out onto the windscreen, was just wondering if anyone has had this problem. It is going in tomorrow for the Dealer to have a look.

Bob The Bankie

Had exactly the same on my 1.4 Tdi Sport, pipe inside pump had come adrift draining the washer bottle, ( think it may have partialy frozen in the severe weather last year and expanded water unseating it) after partialy dismantling the pump I pushed the pipe back on but it still leaked slightly so in the end I fitted a new pump.

Had to remove the inner wheel arch liner to get to it, as the pump & bottle are buried below & behind N/S headlight.

I always make sure the windscreen wash solution is strong enough not to freeze now.

Had exactly the same on my 1.4 Tdi Sport, pipe inside pump had come adrift draining the washer bottle, ( think it may have partialy frozen in the severe weather last year and expanded water unseating it) after partialy dismantling the pump I pushed the pipe back on but it still leaked slightly so in the end I fitted a new pump.

Had to remove the inner wheel arch liner to get to it, as the pump & bottle are buried below & behind N/S headlight.

I always make sure the windscreen wash solution is strong enough not to freeze now.

Turns out it was the pump that had cracked, and that is what I commented to my wife when I came back from dealer, will have to make sure I use a stronger solution of screen wash next winter. Still love the car car and the 1.4 Tdi engine is unbelievable.

Bob The Bankie. :thumbup:

Funny that... A car that comes from a fairly cold part of the world, fitted with a pump that suffers from a slightly colder than average U.K. winter!!! :'(

Funny that... A car that comes from a fairly cold part of the world, fitted with a pump that suffers from a slightly colder than average U.K. winter!!! :'(

The power of freezing water is huge. If the water in a pump freezes it will crack, We have had quite a few cracked pump casings around cumbrian water sizes this winter where either lagging has been removed or trace heating has broken. Some of these are half inch thick castings

I understand that, just making a point of something being fit for purpose... The car, ergo the pump, is designed to be driven in much more severe weather than we could ever have, the pumps MUST be up to the job!

My guess is that the fluid used was too dilute for the severity of the winter! On a similar note, that is why engines have (Or used to have) Core plugs.... The frozen water could expand enough to crack an engine, so the plug was fitted in order to "pop" allowing the icey water more room to expand or run out, preserving the engine.