Intermittent Loss of Power

Several times (over the course of a few months), now, my 58-plate Roomster 3 has exhibited an immediate loss of power - the circumstances are the same, in that I'm travelling uphill in either 4th or 5th at constant speed (around 45-50mph) and engine power is reduced significantly for about 1-2sec, then it picks up again.

Could this be a dodgy air flow meter or throttle position sensor? I should take it in for a diagnostic check - anyone know of similar problems with the 1.6 petrol engine?

Many thanks.

Several times (over the course of a few months), now, my 58-plate Roomster 3 has exhibited an immediate loss of power - the circumstances are the same, in that I'm travelling uphill in either 4th or 5th at constant speed (around 45-50mph) and engine power is reduced significantly for about 1-2sec, then it picks up again.

Could this be a dodgy air flow meter or throttle position sensor? I should take it in for a diagnostic check - anyone know of similar problems with the 1.6 petrol engine?

Many thanks.

were the roads wet / slippery or dry?

if wet / slippery, did you get the triangular yellow warning light flash?

symptom you discribe are as though the ESP is cutting in due to loss of traction (which would be entirely normal), it cuts power of the engine to let the wheels regain grip if it senses either of the two driving wheel loose grip,

i am of course assuming you have esp on you roomster

peter

Peter - no warning lights - straight road - 'slightly moist' surface...... If ESP is factory-fitted on a 58 Roomster 3 (?), then I have it - owned the car since new and didn't specify ESP as an option.

It was an extra on my 58 plate 3 1.9TDi. From what I remember of it on my Fabia it also had a switch where you could have it "on" or "off", so if you haven't got the switch I doubt you have it!

Peter - no warning lights - straight road - 'slightly moist' surface...... If ESP is factory-fitted on a 58 Roomster 3 (?), then I have it - owned the car since new and didn't specify ESP as an option.

i specified it as an option on my 07 roomster 2

the other clue is when you turn the ignition on you see the warning lamp when it does the lamp / self test , its a yellow triangle with 2 wavy lines / skid marks about halfway up on the right of the speedo

if it's not the esp cutting in not aware of anything else that would cause it

peter

Many thanks.

I have exactly the same problems. Snag is when put on a diagnostics machine they don't come out as " out of tolerance"

I was advised "to drive through it "