Road Noise

I've just bought a 2.0TDI L&K 2009. I'm delighted with the car but find there's lots of road noise from the rear, particularly at lower speeds. The car has done 14K miles and the tyres are Bridgestone that are coming up for replacement. Does anyone have any recommendation for a decent tyre with less road noise please?

Many thanks in advance!

the old bridgestones on the back of mine were doing the same thing so i change all 4 for Falken FK 452's they are so much better in all respects, noise,grip etc, have a look at Camskills for good prices

I've had a L&K for 6 weeks and 1200 miles.

Its got Bridgestones and they are just the same as the Bridgestones I had on a Mazda 6 - quite noisy on coarse surfaces.

I can live with the tyre noise - whats driving me a bit mad is the build quality! The engine is so quiet it makes any noise really noticeable.

I'm getting like a buzzing from the rear - think its the rear seat rubbing somewhere as it sounds like leather or plastic rubbing rather than a rattle - It does it over the bumps and then settles down a bit - Any Briskodians have any ideas as to where I should check? So far I've eliminated the parcel shelf rubbing against the seat backs.

Its making more noise from the trim after 1200 miles than the Mazda 6 did at 40,000 miles!