Mk4 Golf seats into Octavia Mk1 ?

Hi all,

I'm going to replace my Octavia interior and have read on this very board that Golf Mk4 front seats fit with no problems.

Has anyone tried the rear seats? Just thought I would ask before shelling out for a lovely set form a TDi.

My Octavia is an older one with no airbags in the seats, just driver and passenger front ones.

Thanks in advance,

Mark.

Edited by Octavianewboy

Wow that was fast!!

Looks good, thank you for the piccie. I have an old W reg ex taxi and the drivers seat is quite worn, usual place.. but this chap is selling a lovely dark grey velour type seats and I can't resist!!

The Wife has always found the Ocy front seats really uncomfortable, not me tho, well padded posterior ;o)

Cheers big chap,

Mark.

I have a full set of Elegance seats for sale as I replaced the ones in my octy 4x4 with Golf GTTDI ones (after 2001 they come with lumbar adjustment as well). what trim level is your ex taxi?

I'll second that, bit pink for me too :smirk:

Thanks to all for the photo's and advice, I ended up with the dark grey seats from the MK4 Golf and I am very, very happy with the results.

Just the carpet to sort out now, anyone know if you get them in darker colours as mine is light grey :D stays clean for about 5 seconds with two kids :rofl:

I might even post a piccie or two if I can figure out how :p

Cheers,

Mark.

• 4 years later...

I know that this is an old thread but I'm hoping someone still looks at it occasionally.

I'm in the process of fitting a Golf interior into my mk1 vRS ans wondered if anyone knows about the drivers seat wiring.

I'd prefer not to cut the plugs off the wires, does anyone have any suggestions on how else I can get the seat wired up and stop the seatbelt light coming on?

Thanks group1rs. I discovered mine was the same when I fitted the driver's seat late yesterday - proof that I should check that the problem exists before asking how to fix it!!!  :x

Hey-ho...  :D

Other than that all went smoothly and I now have a nice, comfy cuddly drive.
  • Like 1