Initialising SWL

Hi, I have a new VRS with Columbus factory fitted. Occasionally when starting the car, the screen displays "Initialising SWL" and it seems to reboot a couple of times before the usual Skoda welcome screen comes up. Is this normal, or is it likely to be some kind of software bug? Thanks, Sam

Hi, I have a new VRS with Columbus factory fitted. Occasionally when starting the car, the screen displays "Initialising SWL" and it seems to reboot a couple of times before the usual Skoda welcome screen comes up. Is this normal, or is it likely to be some kind of software bug? Thanks, Sam

Hi Sam,

I don't think what you are experiencing with your columbus is normal, I have an original factory fitted unit in my car and I have never , touching wood, had the Initialising SWL screen come up, suggest a return to dealers or contact Skoda customer services.

Ian

Do you have a CD in the drive, you get this message when the headunit finds a firmware cd. the system then reboots and will discover that the update is not needed and reboot again.

Hi guys, many thanks for your replies.

This morning the unit seemed to continually reboot for about 5 minutes before finally starting up properly. There isn't a CD or DVD in it but I guess the unit thinks there is occasionally, usually in the mornings (temp related?). Ill take it to the dealer and get them to check it out as recommended.

Edited by SamVRS

• 1 month later...

I thought I'd give an update on this issue just in case anyone has the same problem (although it seems very rare). The problem got worse and worse to the point that the initialising screen could be up for 10 minutes at a time. Sometimes the unit would switch on with blank radio presets and even without sound on occasions.

I believe a firmware re-load may have solved these problems but the unit it is under warranty so the dealer has replaced it.