And now the end is near

neelyp

Well after almost five years of driving Octavia vRS's it's time to say goodbye.

I've been getting more and more fed up having a 200bhp car that I can only really boot up motorway slip roads, and that, to be honest, drives me rather than me driving it.

I wasn't planning on changing my car until next March, but last weekend I fell in love with a new car, got made an offer I couldn't understand, and I pick up my new car this afternoon.

It's not fast, but crucially, it needs driven and has no driver aids except ABS.

So it's goodbye to The Thrustmeister and hello to a world of perms and shampoo and sets.

Yes, I'm getting an MX5, a 1.8 20th anniversary limited edition in pearlescent white and I can't bloody wait!!

Aside from all the hairdresser jokes, they are a good little car. I take it that you don't have to transport pushchairs, cots, nappies, dolls, more nappies and all the other stuff I do on a regular basis? Hope it is as exciting as youre hoping and now the nice weather is approaching, it's pretty good timing too. Good on yer for being true to yourself and for letting your feminine side out.

Youll probably find that once spinning the MX5 isnt much slower than the octy in a straight line... throw a bend or two into the mix and youll be grinning ear to ear!

Im loving my Mk1!.. although having impure thoughts about shelling out for a brand new sport-tech roadster!