Code G201 - Teves MK60

Long story short, ESP and dash light on last week, garage today confirmed G201 (Teves MK60?)

If it gets replaced, will the replacement have the same problems or have they been updated now?

Is there an alternative replacement that will actually last the life of the car?

I saw on the 'honest johns' thread that there is a company that modifies the module so it stops the fault, can this work with units that have already gone?

http://ecutesting.com/vw_golf_touran_abs_pump_module.html

There seems to be a lack of info to act upon.

Please help

Many Thanks

Edited by Rhoobarb

part number you'll need is a 1K0 614 517 AF BEF retail price is £705.00+ vat and it would still be a MK60, as to whether this will be a better unit.............? maybe others on here could tell you. all i can say is skoda would give you a 2 year warranty after that your on your own :rofl:

part number you'll need is a 1K0 614 517 AF BEF retail price is £705.00+ vat and it would still be a MK60, as to whether this will be a better unit.............? maybe others on here could tell you. all i can say is skoda would give you a 2 year warranty after that your on your own :rofl:

Thanks for that, the info will be very handy

Hmm, so it would be better to go for the rebuild route from ECU Testing that claims to fix the unit fault permanently, is a lot cheaper and also carries a 2 year warranty? Or am I missing something here?

Edited by Rhoobarb