Revo remap trial

Hi there, I took my standard 2004 vrs in for a free 5 hour Revo remap. The garage checked for any error codes before and after applying it and there were none.

I have visually checked all the pipework and hoses as best I can.

I could feel the difference, 2nd and 3rd gear acceleration is immense and the throttle response is more urgent in every gear even accelerating from 70mph in 5th. However I have noticed the power delivery can be a bit jerky, as though the car is stuttering. It just didn't seem to hold boost steadily.

Could this be down to the standard DV and perhaps N249 valve? I am getting a Forge 007P at my next service around May 2010.

Could be all sorts of things, a remap will highlight weaknesses in any one of about a dozen hoses and valves under the bonnet.

Best bet is start with the cheapest things first, throttle clean, MAF clean, clean up the air filter etc.

Thanks for the reply. I'll check the air filter in a bit and have another look at the pipework.

I've got a feeling it relates to the standard DV valve and perhaps the N249 which from what I've read regulates the operation of the DV?

Revo Map are great :thumbup:

As stated remap do tend to pick up weakness in standard DV and boost hoses etc.

I replaced my DV for a Forge one and replaced all hose's for silicon ones.

throttle clean, MAF clean, clean up the air filter are good suggested choices.. :thumbup:

Edited by Bowders1

Thanks for all of the replies.

I will have to get the pennies together and hopefully wherever I get it remapped will be able to get it sorted.

The place I had the trial put on at said it wasn't a full version of the map, it just changed a few settings to give me an idea of what a full remap might be like. This sounded a bit strange to me.