Pictures of my Red Vrs.*Roof Rack page 5**

I think the CH's would look sweet if running a 215x35-18 tyre with a bit of stretch, are they 225x40's on there?

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hit edit on the 1st post, then hit advanced, or "use full editor".

I wanted a Red one too.. but got seduced by a black one at a car supermarket a couple of weeks before I started looking..

Still love Red Fabias!

saw this in the port easter sunday real nice way the tt comps think the 18's maybe a bit big for them imo

Yea i agree, although a smaller tire would help it.. My mate had them sitting in his garage and i thought why not put them just too see how they looked, also if anyone wanted a set of bbs ch for their fabia they know how they will look:D

I thin 17" bbs ch would look better but i still prefere my tt comps..

What all have you done to your fabia??

I think the CH's would look sweet if running a 215x35-18 tyre with a bit of stretch, are they 225x40's on there?

IIRC they are 225x45, not too sure.. 215x35 would look well, but i think the cornering would be a bit shabby with such a streatch and with the 18`s??

I like the chrome grille surround on red vRS's. On black cars I think the black surround is the best option but just looks odd on a red car. I also have a red vRS and have thought about changing the grille surround colour but in the end I chose to stick with chrome.

RED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! why didn't i think of the tape idea :doh:

I have the spray ready for mine, just every time i go to do it i think the paint might not be a 100% match so chicken out :giggle:

I will actually do it this weekend :D (he says :p)

i haven't really done anythin to it yet altho i found out recently tht it has a pd160 already in it :rofl:

plan to get a set of coilovers, tint back windows, considering sprayin alloys anthracite and grill black as car is black ( would need to start some of these lol)

i was thinkin later on a stretched tyre would maybe set them off :yes:

hi steve saw the car at fg wilsons in larne at the car show looked really well

was down wit the scooby boys

also have a black vrs just bought the cupra spliter 2day of seat £20 all in

i fancy a set of the 6 spoke tt wheels though but the tt comps look awesome

the grille looks different in black jmoa!

mark

Edited by gfunk

I thought red looked good, But...

There is another way.... :yes:

Carbon wrap that badboy. :rock:

Not as severe as plain black paint as it's sort of patterned and catches the light,

also its more durable than paint in respect of stonechips.

Also it can be removed if you want to change the car back to standard.

If sprayed properly then all the chrome should be rubbed rough and etching primer used.

Once its done there's no turning back if you tire of it without spending a good few quid

on a new chrome bit.

As it happens, the grille that convinced me to get mine done was red, although

my vRS is black, If it had been red I'd still have gone carbon. :thumbup:

post-38897-128497_thumb.jpg

Edited by grr666

very nice m8 i was going 2 paint mine

but after seeing that wit the carbon

i have a boy in scotland getting me some carbon for my legacy

i think i will use it on the grille instead :rofl:

I like the chrome grille surround on red vRS's. On black cars I think the black surround is the best option but just looks odd on a red car. I also have a red vRS and have thought about changing the grille surround colour but in the end I chose to stick with chrome.

Hmm i never liked the big chrome grill, and have decided ill vinyl wrap it so i can change it when i please:D

RED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! why didn't i think of the tape idea :doh:

I have the spray ready for mine, just every time i go to do it i think the paint might not be a 100% match so chicken out :giggle:

I will actually do it this weekend :D (he says :p)

Lol i just seen the red tape sitting when ever i was *studying* and thought ahh lol.. Yea i know what you mean, i wouldnt feel confident spraying mine, which is another reason for going with a carbon vinyl!

i haven't really done anythin to it yet altho i found out recently tht it has a pd160 already in it :rofl:

plan to get a set of coilovers, tint back windows, considering sprayin alloys anthracite and grill black as car is black ( would need to start some of these lol)

i was thinkin later on a stretched tyre would maybe set them off :yes:

Nice suprise:D Same as myself i had loads of plans but only started doing them almost a year later lol.. Your plans sound good, i just wouldnt tint the windows, expecialy on a black car. Unless you got a really light smoke tint, but i like the interior so i wouldnt pay money to hide it, when i dont think itl help the look lol.. But if you like it then each to their own:D (im quite sure not many people will like the square plate i put on the front of my car lol) anthracite on black would look well..

hi steve saw the car at fg wilsons in larne at the car show looked really well

was down wit the scooby boys

also have a black vrs just bought the cupra spliter 2day of seat £20 all in

i fancy a set of the 6 spoke tt wheels though but the tt comps look awesome

the grille looks different in black jmoa!

mark

Thanks:D splitter is a bargin considering how much it improves the front end!!

I thought red looked good, But...

There is another way.... :yes:

Carbon wrap that badboy. :rock:

Not as severe as plain black paint as it's sort of patterned and catches the light,

also its more durable than paint in respect of stonechips.

Also it can be removed if you want to change the car back to standard.

If sprayed properly then all the chrome should be rubbed rough and etching primer used.

Once its done there's no turning back if you tire of it without spending a good few quid

on a new chrome bit.

As it happens, the grille that convinced me to get mine done was red, although

my vRS is black, If it had been red I'd still have gone carbon. :thumbup:

Ahh.. Great idea, carbon wrap it will be:D As you say its not as plain as black and wont look like a unpainted grill, and vinyl should hold up against stone chips.. Got a quote of £20 to do it today which i think is reasonable.

Thanks for all the comments..

Today i decided to do something i always was curious to see how it would look on the fabia, I know it wont be to many peoples taste but i like it and its a bit of a change for a while until i get some pressed plates.

09042010615.jpg

09042010613.jpg

09042010618.jpg

I dont think the photos do it justice, but fire away what ever you think:D

it really doesnt suit at all, and im all for crazy mods, but may it just looks naff, maybe if you removed the plate recess???

Yea but if you remove the plate recess it requires smoothing off, and alot of work+ money.. I do think it looks better in real life, but still i know it wont be to many people`s liking lol:D

Thanks..

Love the look of the car but don't like the plate, not just the square but font wise. Call me old fashioned but I prefer the original. Red grille looks cool and really like the chrome wheels

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Eventually got around to doing something more permanent with the chrome grill, bought some 3M carbon wrap and wrapped it along with the splitter.. Still need to do something with the number plate surround, had thought carbon wrap but think it would look silly and be a waste of 3m carbon lol. Perhaps pressed plates in the future..

Got a set of Porsche twists so I can keep my tt comps good as I got fed up polishing them only for them to look crap after driving in the rain once.. But the twists have actually really grown on me.

Anyway what you think?? Other than the fact the car needs a good wash lol..

DSC02299.jpg

DSC02311.jpg

DSC02310.jpg

DSC02308.jpg

DSC02315.jpg