Slight rattle from dash in VRS

Hi all,

Took a late-ish plate VRS out for a test drive today, good condition, pulled VERY Well - but has a slight rattle from the dash. Couldn't really tell exactly - but sounded like it was coming from the driver's side. Tricky though with the trade plates sitting on the dash too!

Any thoughts as to if it's an easy fix / easily identified thing - or even a common VRS trait.

Still a little undecided about getting it - nice car, OK price but if I'm picking up on rattles now what will I be like in 6 months with several thousand miles under the belt!

Did you try pushing the drivers side door card? Mine rattles a bit around the speaker grill.

Probably not this, but the passenger side seatbelt buckle tends to rattle against the centre console, but thats easily fixed with some sticky foam. I have a bunch of rattles at the moment... both front door cards, glove box lid and one unidentified one which is more metallic

I did fix another which came from around what I thought was the drivers side... it was actually the bonnet creaking against the rubber stops lol fixed with some silicone grease

Mines got plenty of slight rattles and squeeks from dash, but over near glove box area, got used to it really.

It wouldn't put me off buying one to be honest, good cars for the money, but yes I suppose the rattley dash is

common, how much you consider it a fault is down to the individual I suppose. :)

are you sure its coming from the dash?...

it could be the bushings underneath the car, if you are getting it insist the dealer replaces them for you as a matter of course