Suspension Issues

Ok guys and girls need some help...

I changed the front springs on my 2001 Vrs, the original ones snapped, so I changed them with genuine Skoda ones.

I'e fitted them but there not as before?

Under the bonnet ontop of either strut is a silver "top hat" held on with a single nut, these prior to removing the suspension were flush with the inner wing....

Undid them etc and changed the knackered spring, re-fitting wnet fine and everyhting was put back on as it came apart.

The rubber cup the sits ontop of the shock located into the strut top spot on, but now both the "top hats" are sitting high and not touching the inner wing/strut top anymore.

Have I missed something??? The car drives fine but I think this is all wrong.

Should I have changed the rubber top on the shocks? Dont know if the compress over time etc...

HELP!!! :wall:

I would not worry too much. What has probably happened is when you replaced the springs and removed the struts the rubber domed strut top bush expanded(no weight on it) and so as you refitted the struts and you have had no weight on front of car there is a gap. You will probably find that as the car settles over a few days it will go to normal.

Question did you refit the inner nut to the strut that holds the strut top bearing and rubber mount in place? If not then this maybe the cause of different top hat seating

I would not worry too much. What has probably happened is when you replaced the springs and removed the struts the rubber domed strut top bush expanded(no weight on it) and so as you refitted the struts and you have had no weight on front of car there is a gap. You will probably find that as the car settles over a few days it will go to normal.

Question did you refit the inner nut to the strut that holds the strut top bearing and rubber mount in place? If not then this maybe the cause of different top hat seating

Yep I swapped everything over the way it came apart, I got a bit anal about it after doing one side and spotting the issue, hopefully your right and it'll settle down again.

Drives well though, no odd clunks thankfully!