Spare Wheel Cover Loop

Does anyone know, is there supposed to be a hook for the the loop on the floor covering over the spare wheel and if so, where does it go? Skoda tell me there isn't one for my Jun 07 vRS which i've not long had, but in the Owners Manual it says it is possible to fix the raised floor cover with the loop at the hook (Fabia*) well as my car doesn't have any hook it is quite a struggle to hold the cover up while getting the spare wheel out and as the floor cover passes under the rear seats you can't just lift it out without dropping the rear seats. Does the asterisk after Fabia mean not all have this hook and will i have to adapt something myself..... Thanx for any info.

If its any help I looked in mine and there is no such hook, I see the problem though very awkward would be easier in some respects if you could detach the rear section and completely remove it.

the under side of the parcel shelf, toward the seats, or maybe the opening.. but towards an edge... in the middle.. think it slips on from the left side.

My car has the under shelf netting though, but don't think it's part of it.

Edited by Rob.

Just been out and looked... and actually, It is part of the under shelf net. So the manuals a bit mis leading.

Here's a pic.. You can see it almost dead centre.

4496864160_328b81f52b_b.jpg

Just been out and looked... and actually, It is part of the under shelf net. So the manuals a bit mis leading.

Here's a pic.. You can see it almost dead centre.

4496864160_328b81f52b_b.jpg

Thanx for that Rob, though mine doesn't have any netting i can quite clearly see what type of hook it is and where to put it, i'll get a similar one and fix it myself... Thanx again, cheers Ritch........