second car cover?

billy2981

Firstly I must say a big thanks to AF for another good quote after looking again. the renewal was bit daft but just by saying something it went down by around £200......

What I am looking at tho is getting my GF car off her to drive around rather than uses mine other than for long trips to see family and pos a weekend drive out. Her car is a crappy old 1997 Hyundai accent coupe si 1.3 that only cost her 500 notes 3 year ago but it just keeps passing MOT and she wants another but I cant see anyone wantin to take this one off her.

I just want to know what is pos to do as I have mine covered fully comp with all mods covered too, and I can drive it for now as she owns it and I have other cars on my policy, but when she gets another car I cant use my ins on it as she wont have cover for it(if you get that?) I was gonna get it reg to me but I need to get really cheap ins on it to make it worth while just as a shop run/ park in town car. I dont care if its trashed but nedd something to cover my back.

what is the rules on this? and what is pos?

cheers in advance

billy

Edited by billy2981

are you worried bout having fire and theft, or just a very basic third party policy, try with very minimum mileage, i.e. 4000 miles, i'm considering buying a saxo 1.1 off my brother to teach my fiancee to drive, insuring it for a maximum of 2000 miles a year i can insure it for very cheap, any more mileage the insurance price rockets, the skoda is insured for 20000 miles a year. the saxo would be insured as being kept in my garage! so just try insuring super low miles a year!

cheers mate ill try that,

Its just basic cover I want as we are in a good area and the car is not worh anything really, its just to keep pointless miles off the vRS as she has enough on there already from when I was in the Army. she on 75k now iirc very high for 5 year old imo.

• Sponsor

Firstly I must say a big thanks to AF for another good quote after looking again. the renewal was bit daft but just by saying something it went down by around £200......

What I am looking at tho is getting my GF car off her to drive around rather than uses mine other than for long trips to see family and pos a weekend drive out. Her car is a crappy old 1997 Hyundai accent coupe si 1.3 that only cost her 500 notes 3 year ago but it just keeps passing MOT and she wants another but I cant see anyone wantin to take this one off her.

I just want to know what is pos to do as I have mine covered fully comp with all mods covered too, and I can drive it for now as she owns it and I have other cars on my policy, but when she gets another car I cant use my ins on it as she wont have cover for it(if you get that?) I was gonna get it reg to me but I need to get really cheap ins on it to make it worth while just as a shop run/ park in town car. I dont care if its trashed but nedd something to cover my back.

what is the rules on this? and what is pos?

cheers in advance

billy

Hi Billy

Thankyou, glad you happier with the quote. If you would like to discuss the other vehicle with us feel free to pm me your details and i will arrange a call back for you, full name, reference number and contact telephone number.

Cheers

Dan