Will Mk1 vRS suspension fit a Mk1 TDI

Hi!

I want to buy some vrs suspension for my TDI

I was wondering if it fits as I can't seem to find any info

Mainly shocks and springs but would the rest fit aswell?

Many thanks Savage.

P.S. Both saloon cars

Edited by savage

Yeah it'll fit fine, but no idea how it'll drive as the spring rates will be totally different.

vRS front spring have a strong tendency to crack in their later life too, so watch out for high milage units when you're buying.

It might well fit, but the masses of the engine and car are totally different, so I wouldn't think it would handle well and go as far as to say it may be possibly unsafe.

According to the Octavia manual, the TDI 110 and vrs are very similar in weight. Aftermarket springs seem to be listed as common for the TDI and vRS too.

I have vRS spings on mine, but need to uprate the dampers to sports spec too, which is next on my list (I have a set of Bilstein sports dampers for the TDI from ECP in my shed waiting to be fitted. My dampers are probably a bit tired at nearly 80k miles.

Aside from the noseweight, there's the issue that vRS models seem to understeer more than Elegance or L&K 110s.

And, of course, the question of what happens to the vRS ARB brackets.