Road trip 2010

expostmanpat

Good to have another.

Just to clear up in advance I will be sampling many of the filling stations on route for a fuel comparisson excercise and notbecause my car is a) thirsty and B) has too small a tank.

I suspect it will be the only way I manage to keep up with either of you, given that I only have 163bhp and no torque whatsoever bellow 5000 rpm :(

Monday night I broke the oil sump, the plastic undercover and the oil sensor on my vrs :( , I should drive slower to avoid any things like this to happen again. What can I say, at list I'm not stuck somewere in Europe!

Edited by irin

• 3 weeks later...

what about swiss currency, do you people get any or use the euro there? becaue they accept them

my car is up and runing, still some issues with rear brakes but nothing major.

what about swiss currency, do you people get any or use the euro there? becaue they accept them

my car is up and runing, still some issues with rear brakes but nothing major.

If I remember correctly from the Hairpin tour of 2008 you can use Euros in Switzerland, and I recall a lot of the filling stations showing the price in CHF and Euros, but you get a poor exchange rate. You should have enough time to get some CHF before you leave.

yes im gonna get some chf because it was a verry poor exchange rate when i fill up last month over there.

just checed the opening times for the ring and its closed saturday, we may do some laps on our way back.

Edited by irin

If anyone arrives before 9pm please meet up on Marine Parade (same as last time) After 9pm and we will have made our way into the terminal. Please allow plenty of time for roadworks et al as we won't be waiting.

Anyone who wants to join us at the last minute please feel free.

PS Don't forget to pack your Speedos :rofl:

Edited by postmanpat

All the best, and plenty of pictures please :)

Cheers Len, just hoping the weather improves, there fogged in atm with heavy rain looking at the various webcams :(

Long range weather gives us Snow Sunday / Monday and then hopefully brightning with sun and some clouds.

Edited by postmanpat

Now on the ferry.

Would have loved to join this trip but unfortuneately timing didn't suit. Maybe (hopefully!) next year :thumbup:

Sarge.