What are my engine options?

My car currently has the 1.9 SDi engine in, which is all well and good, very economical etc, but I'm considering an engine conversion. So what are my options, keeping things real in terms of cost etc.

Do the petrol engines go into a diesel without too much trouble? Whats the score with changing fuel tanks etc if I go with a petrol engine?

Can someone knowledgeable list engine possibilities from mild to wild, with approx fitting costs?

Cheers!

In my opinion it would not be worth swopping your engine,you would be better selling your car & buying the type you want e.g a tdi or vrs & then upgrading them with a re-map etc. :)

I'll second that.

It would simply not be worth it, as you would need to change everything electrical and mechanical - $hitloads in other words!

If you went for a hot engine then you would have to start uprating things like suspension, brakes, wheels/tyres etc. etc.

If your handy with the mechanical bits on a car get a high mileage vRS and maintain that? Just a thought.

Steve