Castrol Edge 5W30 £3.33 per litre at Tesco!

ncie one! morrisons were just last week selling havoline ultra v which meets vw 504 and 507 spec for £4.50 a bottle - this beats that offer by a considerable margin - stock up if you can get any!

Er, wow! I'll be over to Extra in the week and gonna be going for a service shortly, so bargain! Thanks.

Oh and I check the Castrol website and it said EDGE 5w30 for my car.

Edited by okenobi

Don't make the mistake i just made, thought I was buying 5W30, got 5 x 1 litre bottles got home checked receipt and found I was charged £80. :thumbdown:

I noticed 1 bottle was 5W30 and the other 4 bottles were 0W30 which are obviously not on offer. (they are £16 something) :wonder:

Took bottles back and got refund for the 0W30. Shame as they only had 1 bottle of the 5W30. :thumbdown:

• 2 weeks later...

Its back in stock at Chesterfields tesco, still £3.33/litre.

I picked up half a dozen.....................

Yep back in stock at Havant although I bought the last 3 on the shelf yesterday. Although the offer is not on a ticket anymore they are still £3.33 :thumbup:

is this what is recommended for the vrs

Depends what service schedule you are on.

Variable service I think is 5W40 or 10W40 fixed service is 5W30 or 0W30.

Yes it's VW507.00 spec, so suitable for all VAG diesels on fixed or variable servicing

£16 in Bridgend as well

Did you actually take the 5W30 bottle and not the 0W30 bottle which is £16, i and if so did you get the 5W30 priced as I found that the only price marked was £16 but when i went to check out to check price it was still £3.33. :thumbup:

Did you actually take the 5W30 bottle and not the 0W30 bottle which is £16, i and if so did you get the 5W30 priced as I found that the only price marked was £16 but when i went to check out to check price it was still £3.33. :thumbup:

I took one to the till (5w30) to double check and it was £16 :'(