Access to rear light cluster?

what car is it? i have an octy mk1 all you have to do in that is pull back the carpet, may be something similar?

Think it might be a Roomster B)

Page 215 of the owners manual,

Open the rear hatch and unscrew the screws to the inside of the light cluster moulding which are covered with the hatch shut.

Then take the back of the light cluster off, with a few screws and then you have access to the bulbs.

Page 215 of the owners manual,

Open the rear hatch and unscrew the screws to the inside of the light cluster moulding which are covered with the hatch shut.

Then take the back of the light cluster off, with a few screws and then you have access to the bulbs.

Thank you! I've no idea how to get into the owner's manual either ;-)

Whatever happened to cheap plastic covers inside the boot with clips that break off the first time you change a bulb...?

Cheers,

RIch

Thank you! I've no idea how to get into the owner's manual either ;-)

Whatever happened to cheap plastic covers inside the boot with clips that break off the first time you change a bulb...?

Cheers,

RIch

open boot, 2 T15 torx screws to release the cluster, pull it gently away from the card (cable is short) feel round behind it on the grey plastic where the cable goes into the light cluster and squeeze the two clips on the plug to release the cable from the cluster, then undo the screws to release the bulbs

refitting is reverse, but as you refit the cluster to the car, you will need to give the cluster a bit of thump to seat it on the lugs then replace the screws

pain in the rear, but once you have done it a few times its easy (went through a spate of different blown bulbs a few months back)

peter

...and squeeze the two clips on the plug to release the cable from the cluster, then undo the screws to release the bulbs...

Wish i'd read this bit before I did it. Doh! Cable stretched just far enough to get at the screws without scratching the paint..

Cheers,

Rich

Wish i'd read this bit before I did it. Doh! Cable stretched just far enough to get at the screws without scratching the paint..

Cheers,

Rich

don't worry, i did similar before finding the way to detach the cable first time, another couple of inches on the cable would make life so much easier to change the bulbs

but if you want fun try the nearside headlight bulb on a fabia VRS, only way i have found is take the headlight unit out, as no room between the battery and the back of the headlight

peter