Fabia VrS to Yeti?

lbl25a

I have had my Fabia VrS from new, now 5yrs old and 30K miles. Although I love it I would like a little more space and luxury now. We use the car mainly for commuting to and from Spain and the long range comfortable cruising ability and the easy parkability in Spanish villages are advantages but the storage space for lugging stuff to and from Spain is limited even for only two persons and luggage. I also have an old Shogun 4x4 which is useful for English winters but is now much too big since I have given up ballooning. It seems logical to replace both the Fabia and the Shogun with a Yeti and the 170 Elegance would probably be my choice although I have yet to see and try one.

Has anyone else moved from a Fabia VrS to a Yeti and did you regret parting with the VrS?

Tony

Hi Tony

I had a Fabia VRS a couple of years ago. The Yeti (140 TDI) has smoother power delivery so you dont get the kick in the pants that you do with the VRS. But it feels brisk enough. Comfort is excellent and the driving position nice and high. Fit and finish to a very high standard and with the leather seats on the Elegance easier to keep clean - no light panels on the seats to worry about!!

It will probably come down to the type of driver you are. If you drive the VRS hell for leather then maybe the Yeti isnt for you. Although that said it does handle very well.

Some people are dissapointed with the size of the boot - although the seating makes the luggage space extremely flexible. From your post this sounds like a key factor for you so definately something to check out on the test drive.

Cheers

S