Automatic Locking

Hello,

Can anyone tell me if the automatic locking option is available on all models? Page 41 talks about the ability to automatically lock all the doors when exceeding 15km/h as an anti-hijack precaution. I would like this option as I have to drive through a large city to work.

I am guessing its a dealer enabled function as I can't find an option for it on the MFD/ Setup.

Does anyone else use it?

Simon

Hello,

Can anyone tell me if the automatic locking option is available on all models? Page 41 talks about the ability to automatically lock all the doors when exceeding 15km/h as an anti-hijack precaution. I would like this option as I have to drive through a large city to work.

I am guessing its a dealer enabled function as I can't find an option for it on the MFD/ Setup.

Does anyone else use it?

Simon

It works great on mine Simon.

Edited by Ray_Green

Hello,

Does anyone else use it?

Simon

The setting is on the Maxidot under convenience.

I thought it was to stop people throwing themselves from the car at speed!! Can't see a hijacker running at speeds in excess of 15 km/hr - a new event for the 2012 Olympics maybe.

Seriously, the doors stay locked from the outside once they have been set by the system but will always unlock if an inside handle is pulled.

Edited by Terfyn

seems a silly function if its to prevent hijackers, my astra has a button to press on the dash to lock all doors, which in the event of an impact strong enough to set the air bags will automatically inlock

seems a silly function if its to prevent hijackers, my astra has a button to press on the dash to lock all doors, which in the event of an impact strong enough to set the air bags will automatically inlock

Thats the point you, you dont have to press a button to set it on the SM. Once the vehicle has reached 15kph the the doors lock "and stay locked" untill the ingnition key is removed, or they are unlocked from the consol button, or if the air bag inflates. There is no door lock button, so its pointless bracking a window to open the door. Single females have less to fear sitting at traffic lights.

I first came across this on my Octy2 and I think its a fantasic security feature. :thumbup:

Edited by Ray_Green

Thats the point you, you dont have to press a button to set it on the SM. Once the vehicle has reached 15kph the the doors lock and stay locked untill the ingnition key is removed, or they are unlocked from the consol button, or if the air bag inflates. There is no door lock button, so its pointless bracking a window to open the door. Single females have less to fear sitting at traffic lights.

I first came across this on my Octy2 and I think its a fantasic security feature. :thumbup:

but you wont be doing over 15 kmh stopped at traffic lights?

I think the locking system is a sensible precaution and it is a pity that it is a recent addition to the security of modern cars. The Yeti system does exactly what it says on the tin. Once it locks, it stays locked until released from the inside or by using means under the control of the driver or passengers.

Fortunately I have had no experience of either a hijack or sneak thief attack but it is good to know that the system is in operation - is is a system you hope you never need - like seatbelts or airbags.

I think the locking system is a sensible precaution and it is a pity that it is a recent addition to the security of modern cars. The Yeti system does exactly what it says on the tin. Once it locks, it stays locked until released from the inside or by using means under the control of the driver or passengers.

Fortunately I have had no experience of either a hijack or sneak thief attack but it is good to know that the system is in operation - is is a system you hope you never need - like seatbelts or airbags.

I have got it working via the convenience setting on the MFD Setup. Not obvious but its there.

thanks for your assistance.

It doesn't cancel just because you slow down. It only cancels when you open a door FROM THE INSIDE!

Well thats answered my question and I've now switched it back on!! I had read the manual and though that it only locked abouve a certain speed - being unlocked at all other times. :doh:

S

Hi Tom,

Can you point me to more info on this?

Cheers

All I know is that I set it up with my key in the ignition and it works only when my key unlocks the car. The doors do not lock when driving when my wife's key has unlocked the car (even if I then insert my key in the ignition and drive away). As my wife doesn't like the automatic locking we are leaving it this way.

tom

All I know is that I set it up with my key in the ignition and it works only when my key unlocks the car. The doors do not lock when driving when my wife's key has unlocked the car (even if I then insert my key in the ignition and drive away). As my wife doesn't like the automatic locking we are leaving it this way.

tom

Cheers Tom

• 3 years later...

Hi,

I'm new in these parts and I own a Yeti TDI 140 4x4 Elegance in India.

Of late I've noticed a problem with the automatic locking of the rear hatch. Originally, with all doors staying locked, you could just press the hatch-release button on the remote and pop it open. After finishing business, you could just bring the hatch down, and it would self-lock automatically (confirmed with a flash of the hazard lamps). I had found this one of the many endearing and thoughtful touches on the brilliant Yeti. This is not so lately. I need to physically activate the hatch-lock through the remote. Any chance someone can point me back to getting things as they were? I've tried the Maxidot settings, unsuccessfully. But could've missed something.

Thanks a bunch.