A Quick Report @ 2,200mls

Well, after 4 weeks and almost 2,200mls, I can honestly say I think I will really like this car :thumbup:

Have had it all over, on every kind of road, One run down to west cork, then over the back roads to Killarney and home, A run to Dublin and back on motorways. Over the Sally Gap and Wicklow Gap and on to Powerscourt (stunning drive if you have never tried it yet) and lots of city driving in between. On the 3 measured diesel fills I have had she is working out at 47mpg (trip computer overall reading is 48mpg so not to far out). The engine does not feel instantly grunty from low rev's like my old 130PD did, but once up and running it has more than enough go to keep me happy, and it is so smooth and quiet compared to the old PD it is hard to think of it as a diesel at all. I find the ride is a bit firmer than the car I had on the extended test drive, but there seems to be much less road noise also, am guessing it is down to different tires fitted to both cars (or maybe tire pressure? :wonder: )

Seat comfort is way ahead of the Octy L&K (and I never thought that was bad), tho where I would usually have a seat on it's lowest setting, in this I found the peddles quite high, so rose the seat a little and all was well. The seat heating is also faster to kick in. Everyone who see's, travels in, drives it is well impressed.

Have had no probs loading music onto the HDD (can movies be up-loaded?) and I find the sound quality totally good enough for me, glad I did not go for the upgrade now. Am still learing some of the features on it, but the sat-nav is great, some of the Cork / Dublin road is still missing, but all the new road layouts around Dublin seem to be there, and the way you can save a destination with a voice tag is VERY handy. The lights are unreal (seem to move about more than the test cars did also - a good thing). Have watched a movie on the dvd player, and the surround sound is brill lol. My phone (Nokia 5800) hooks up 1st time every time, and the reception seems to be great.

There seems to be a "Bang / Knock" from the passenger side over some potholes, a buddy said he could feel it tru the door armrest as well as hear it, so maybe something loose in there, but is nothing major, will keep an eye on it and bring it to the dealer if it gets worse.

Anyway, so far so good, I think I will be very happy with this car for some time to come :thumbup:

Bryan

post-3845-12727628986511_thumb.jpg

Did you drive down from Killarney down towards Bantry on the N71. That road would be a true test, especially as it crosses through the mountains. We were being driven in a freelander up and down that road, and it was bad enough in that. Plenty of pot holes and poor sufacing along almost the entire length between Kenmare and Killarney.

post-47-12727872651905_thumb.jpg

Did you drive down from Killarney down towards Bantry on the N71. That road would be a true test, especially as it crosses through the mountains. We were being driven in a freelander up and down that road, and it was bad enough in that. Plenty of pot holes and poor sufacing along almost the entire length between Kenmare and Killarney.

We went Bantry / Castletownbere / Kenmare / Killarney, so were prob on the same roads as you at some point,, but being honest did not notice it being any worse than any other rural road around west Cork and Kerry :giggle: .

Honestly, I see some of the UK guys going on about the bad roads there, but most of them would not complain if they had a visit to Ireland for a few weeks driving :thumbdown:

I know what you mean, we was there for the week from good friday with my dads Fabia Greenline. Stayed with friends just outside Bantry in the middle on knowhere, and spent quiet a lot of time driving around, and once out of town some of the roads especially to the west of Cork are quiet good suspension testers. Cork is a wonderful place, we spend a couple of days there on the way back to Rosslare, although we could have done with a more central hotel. Staying the in the Travelodge by the Airport was ok, but to go anywhere needed a car. We were stuck with Eddie Rockets in the evening due to the poor hotel location.

Even the Freelander we were in was suffering with issues although I suspect that was a Land Rover issue rather than the roads that bought it about.

Great write up. Glad you're enjoying it. I'll keep an eye out ;)

We will have to try get a Cork meet going some time soon :thumbup:

post-3845-12728348659911_thumb.jpg

Edited by bryan