diesel fumes in car

Hi All.

wonder if anyone has experinced this problem. noticed over last couple of weeks that when am statioary, with engine ticking over, i get fumes come in the car.. first thought it was the wind direction etc, however its too much of a co oncidence. also when open the window the smell goes.

so guessing its coming in through the vents...

has anyone had this issu and had it fixed..?? before i put it into the stealers....

the exhaust hasn't blown. that is obvious anyhow. first thing i checked...

cheers

Hi All.

wonder if anyone has experinced this problem. noticed over last couple of weeks that when am statioary, with engine ticking over, i get fumes come in the car.. first thought it was the wind direction etc, however its too much of a co oncidence. also when open the window the smell goes.

has anyone had this issu and had it fixed..?? before i put it into the stealers....

cheers

Check the small pipe that comes off the egr valve and goes to the rear, this one rubs itself away on the engine cover, so it's likely thats where it's coming from.

Hi All.

cheers

Hiya mate, i had the same problem, do you see any smoke at all at the front of the car? It was the cat.converter,it had to be replaced. I hope your warranty is still in force.

Hi All.

cheers

Hiya mate, i had the same problem, do you see any smoke at all at the front of the car? It was the cat.converter,it had to be replaced. I hope your warranty is still in force.

it was the flexi pipe but it's connected to the cat. (permamently)

Edited by charlie6

it was the flexi pipe but it's connected to the cat. (permamently)

thanks for your replies.

there is no smoke that i can see... i will have a look at the pipe over the weekend.. unfortunately with 136k on the car, the warranty is long gone... :(

hopefully this is somehting i can bodge.! :giggle: