Idling Problem

Zune

Here's an update to my last post.

I took my Octavia back to the dealer, where the error codes were cleared and the software refreshed/updated.

This has help a bit, but now when the engine has warmed up, I experience the rough idle every 3 to 5 seconds when the car is in neutral or park, with the air-condition switched off. It feels like the the car is about to cut off but it doesn't. The idle is about 700/rpm.

Any ideas and recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

I recently purchased a 2009 Octavia 1.6MPI (8 valve) and have been experiencing a problem where the idle is a bit rough. That is to say that while in the car I can actually feel the vibration of the engine when idling and it sounds like it's skipping a beat somewhere which is when the idle vibration gets momentarily worse.

This happens regardless of what gear the car is in, or if the foot and or handbrake is applied and the air-condition being on or off.

I've taken it back t the dealer for servicing, but the problem still exists.

Any ideas and recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Engine Size? Petrol or Diesel?

Hi,

It's a 1.6 liter (1595cc) pertol engine.

Edited by Zune

Intermittent fault on the HT on one cylinder? But why not when the engine's under load then?

When stationary, with the a/c on, the idle is "heavy". I can actually feel the vibrations in the seat, pedals and steering wheel. When in motion, the ride is smooth, but not the quietest. It's not excessively noisy, but only when accelerating.

• 1 year later...

When stationary, with the a/c on, the idle is "heavy". I can actually feel the vibrations in the seat, pedals and steering wheel. When in motion, the ride is smooth, but not the quietest. It's not excessively noisy, but only when accelerating.

I get a similar problem, when idling sometimes in traffic, but a even a few mins later when i stop again its fine.

I've got a '04 Octavia 1.6

I'd welcome any ideas