skoda fabia comfort 16v fault code P0322

scholes

Hi there everyone im new to this forum and if anyone could help it would be useful :D My skoda fabia comfort 2002 16v had the engine management light on recently aswell as that it would also take a slight jerk sometimes whilsts driving, i took it to the dealers a few weeks back and they told me it was the EGR valve which i got replaced nd in total cost me a whopping £300.however 3 weeks later the same light comes on with the same actions,the AA guy came down and did the diagnostic and the fault code p0322 turned up which was igniton distributor input signal,anyone got any ideas as to what the problem would be aswell as what needs to be replaced?

• 2 years later...

Hi, just had similar issue with my 03 plate 1.2 Fabia. Got a shock when driving normally and then massive loss of power. Had to pull over using hazards and felt as though engine about to jump out of engine bay. Switched engine OFF and then restarted, saw CEL (P0322)and engine unstable. Thought must be a coil pack. took the car to the workshop and checked using DynoScan. Scanner indicated issue with both Camshaft and Engine speed sensor. Replaced the Camshaft sensor(located on top of engine above cylinder 3), the Camshaft error cleared. Started the car Engine still possessed like a wild banshee, replaced the engine speed sensor (Crankshaft Sensor). Started engine still had issues (now getting hard to start). Decided to check the wire for Crank shaft sensor to ECM. Removed the plug and saw what looked like oil, smelled the suspicious liquid NO smell looked like water. Using a air line cleaned out connector (massive amount of water blown out!!!!). Re-connected connectors both side ECM and sensor. Started engine....PERFECT!!!!! CEL cleared.

The Crankshaft sensor is located on the rear of engine block by the inlet manifold behind cylinder 3. It is very awkward but can be accessed with persistence (will get a stiff neck!!!)

It could be a wiring problem. Time to check the main wiring loom that runs from the plenum chamber adjacent to the ECU for water ingress in my opinion.

Certainly agree, check the loom. Suspect it's full of water

• Like 1