EGR valve leaking oil?

Hello everyone i need help, have a 05 Fabia VRS with 117,000 miles just had full service. I was changing both bottom arms today and noticed an oil leak, after some investigating i found a fair bit of oil is coming from where the EGR valve joins on the the cast bit to the right, it is enough to drip all the way down the engine an on to the pan. Car drives fine, if anyone can help i would really appreciate it many thanks Billybob

With that kind of mileage you'll have a bit of oil seaping into the inlet system via the turbo which is why you've that leak. Your best bet is to take the EGR valve off, clean it and fit it back on with a fresh gasket but without fitting a fresh turbo there isn't going to be alot you'll be able to do about the oil getting in there. I wouldn't worry about it too much although if there is a lot on there you do run the risk of the car running on the oil which can be an issue.

Does it use alot of oil between services??

With that kind of mileage you'll have a bit of oil seaping into the inlet system via the turbo which is why you've that leak. Your best bet is to take the EGR valve off, clean it and fit it back on with a fresh gasket but without fitting a fresh turbo there isn't going to be alot you'll be able to do about the oil getting in there. I wouldn't worry about it too much although if there is a lot on there you do run the risk of the car running on the oil which can be an issue.

Does it use alot of oil between services??

it does use a bit but the chap who just did the service said it had no problems at all, there is also oil leaking out of 2 of the joints on the big intercooler pipes down below, cheers Billybob

mine was the same, Boost pipe and EGR Valve leaking oil.

just strip it all down give it good clean and replace gasket and boost pipe clips and put back together

• 1 month later...

Hello everyone i need help, have a 05 Fabia VRS with 117,000 miles just had full service. I was changing both bottom arms today and noticed an oil leak, after some investigating i found a fair bit of oil is coming from where the EGR valve joins on the the cast bit to the right, it is enough to drip all the way down the engine an on to the pan. Car drives fine, if anyone can help i would really appreciate it many thanks Billybob

Hi: I've an 05 Octavia 1.9TDI 99,000 miles and it was leaking oil from underneath the turbo pipe. It can happen if you're not driving the car hard enough, not sure the correct way of it but it's oil that builds up because the turbo's not being used. I drive like a granny so can't argue. Apparently turbo diesels need to be flogged now and again to keep them breathing right. You can buy stuff to pour into the tank called Cataclean, a mechanic sold it to me but most motor factors have it. It cleans the cat,turbo,valves etc and other parts that need it. It's about £16 I used it on mine and it's fine now!

• Like 1

Hi: I've an 05 Octavia 1.9TDI 99,000 miles and it was leaking oil from underneath the turbo pipe. It can happen if you're not driving the car hard enough, not sure the correct way of it but it's oil that builds up because the turbo's not being used. I drive like a granny so can't argue. Apparently turbo diesels need to be flogged now and again to keep them breathing right. You can buy stuff to pour into the tank called Cataclean, a mechanic sold it to me but most motor factors have it. It cleans the cat,turbo,valves etc and other parts that need it. It's about £16 I used it on mine and it's fine now!

Yes we know you have an octavia 1.9TDI 99,000 miles and it was leaking oil from underneath the turbo pipe and it's fine now after using cataclean as you have replied to a few threads with this helpful info but with the fabia the egr is known to suffer from this problem, it needs a good clean or egr delete.

You dont work for cataclean do you lol?