Fabia vrs service

Hello peeps

My fabia vrs is very very shortly due its annual service but the service indicator has not yet come on the dash.

Now i have a couple of days off and was going to service the car whist off, But the dash service indicator will not reset :( Is this because it hasn't come on yet ?

Also would it be ok to do the service then in a weeks time reset it when it comes on ?

Just after a bit of advice really as i have a VAG5053 tool which i have tried but the word FAIL comes on the dash with a ECU error code on the tool.

Thanks for any help

When mine was due recently the indicator didn't come on. Had the service done at a garage and they couldn't even reset it themselves with their kit so asked me to bring it back in once the light came on so they could reset it manually.

It eventually came on about 2 weeks after so I took it down and the mechanic reset it by turning on the ignition with the trip held down or something like that (I can't remember what he did) but that worked a treat.

I don't think it really matters resetting it after the service - think its more of a reminder. I went off of my log book so thats all that matters for me.

Hope that helps

Luke

EDIT: Just found the sequence to manually reset:

Press and hold down trip reset button.

Turn on ignition, while still holding down reset button

After ten seconds (says the book) it will be reset, and return to trip reading, release the trip reset.

Can't confirm if its correct - can anyone else?

Edited by The_Judderman

When mine was due recently the indicator didn't come on. Had the service done at a garage and they couldn't even reset it themselves with their kit so asked me to bring it back in once the light came on so they could reset it manually.

It eventually came on about 2 weeks after so I took it down and the mechanic reset it by turning on the ignition with the trip held down or something like that (I can't remember what he did) but that worked a treat.

I don't think it really matters resetting it after the service - think its more of a reminder. I went off of my log book so thats all that matters for me.

Hope that helps

Luke

Cheers for that mate :)

Cheers for that mate :)

No worries ;)

Not sure if you saw but I've updated my original post with possible intructions of how to manually reset it so might be worth trying those. On a side note regarding those - they had to clear my mileage before trying the indicator reset sequence so make sure you do that first.

Cheers

Luke

Press and hold down trip reset button.

Turn on ignition, while still holding down reset button

After ten seconds (says the book) it will be reset, and return to trip reading, release the trip reset.

Can't confirm if its correct - can anyone else?

Just hold the mileage reset button in then turn on the ignition whilst the button is depressed. hold it for about 30 seconds,

(till ---- is displayed I think....)

release. turn off ignition, restart car. It should have reset by then. :thumbup: