7 week wait and no order it seems!

lee67

well ordered our yeti 7 weeks ago now, and as we still havnt had a build date, i thought id contact the dealer , no reply to left messages/emails...so yesterday i rang skoda uk to chase a build date.....sorry sir your order number doesnt exist!!!!......she promised to ring us back yesterday dinnertime.......were still waiting!!!!!!...not a happy bunny'....happy drivers my ass'...maybe coming back to skoda was a mistake?? :S

Hmm....

Don't suppose you want a Muscavado TSi S do you?

After 7 weeks the order should be a status 10 or maybe 20. If they can't find your order I suspect they never processed it. But I'm not part of that garage so I can't be certain this is what as happened.

:(

Sad times for me. It's in the showroom if anybody is interested in it, could really use a couple more new car sales for next month. All of my orders are going to be later in the year due to the factory taking ages., need to sell some cars that I can actually get now!

Sad times for me. It's in the showroom if anybody is interested in it, could really use a couple more new car sales for next month. All of my orders are going to be later in the year due to the factory taking ages., need to sell some cars that I can actually get now!

I cant get my head round some of this stuff - heres enormous waiting times for new cars and James has a perfectly good car sitting waiting to be picked up ??? Sometimes life is simply bizarre !

I don't suppose the showroom stock includes a 1.2 TSI DSG SE in red or candy white?

I know, dream on! :(

I cant get my head round some of this stuff - heres enormous waiting times for new cars and James has a perfectly good car sitting waiting to be picked up ??? Sometimes life is simply bizarre !

emoticon-0101-sadsmile.gif

Just noticed a 'local' dealer has a 10 plate 1.8TSI SE demo for sale in Muscavado with optional sat nav; they had an identical Monster unregistered in stock last September. Just wonder if this is another unloved Monster they have eventually had to register emoticon-0112-wondering.gifemoticon-0101-sadsmile.gif

TP

emoticon-0149-no.gif and guess what ...STILL no call back from either skoda uk or dealer concerned!!!!!!...its a shambles

Hi lee,

emoticon-0106-crying.gif to hear your still having issues with your order, are you using a local Yorkshire based dealer?

Regards,

TP

hi tp yep'...not going to name and shame yet'...watch this space tho emoticon-0112-wondering.gif

OK thanks,

be interested to hear when your ready which one. Had dealings over the years with three of them (South Yorks x1, North Yorks x2) and so far they have been reasonably good at customer service, for me anyway.

TP

well latest is skoda uk still havnt got back to us, but the dealer has (after leaving numerous messages)....build week early july...and he expects it here either end july/early august'....so that works out at 16 weeks , maybe a tad more depending on delivery etc..what can i do for the next 8 weeks, its driving me mad lol

To further demonstrate the abcence of a pattern to the waiting times - ordered my Yeti 140 Elegance without any extras in mid april and have been told this week the build week is week 33 and so should arrive in early September. My patience is wearing thin but all the posotive feedback from you lucky owners keeps me going. Keep it up!!

ellbell,

this seems really strange........... ordered mine on 12th April basic enough spec'd Yeti 140 Elegance muscovado and have been given week 22 for the build? I checked a few days ago and was told this was still on schedule!

I will be in contact next Friday - end of build week 22 - to find out if the dream has come true - or at least this phase of it!!

What colour did you order?

ernieb

You wouldn't believe the rubbish we have been told by the local delaer when looking at ordering a 170 Elegance for my wifes company car.

I had warned the dealer that there were issues with the panoramic sunroof but they claimed there wasn't any such delivery problem. Only when we demanded they contact Skoda UK did they claim that orders for both Yetis and Superbs with the panoramic sunroofs are not being taken at the moment, and apparently they are not planning on making any RH drive cars before November.

They have been asking why we are looking at the car now when we don't need delivery until February next year. When I pointed out their VERY long delivery times for standard cars (never mind with sunroofs) they understood that we would have to be ordering in August to gurantee delivery for February.

The customer service at the dealers is a bit of a joke. They simply seem to know nothing about delivery times for Yetis and just expect customers to put up with any wait.

Do Skoda UK not realise how many sales they are loosing due to their rediculous delivery for the Yeti

The factory can only build RHD Yetis at a rate of X per day, if the demand exceeds X then there will be extended waiting times.

Not much really can be done other than wait until the ordering times die down, order and wait, or try and find a used one.

I don't think it's really a problem if you need to wait to get the vehicle you want, frustrating it may be which I can understand.

I think Skoda are happy with the healthy order banks for the Yeti, I'm sure SkodaUK aren't overly enamored with the sunroof delays but they are dealing with it as best they can.

ellbell,

this seems really strange........... ordered mine on 12th April basic enough spec'd Yeti 140 Elegance muscovado and have been given week 22 for the build? I checked a few days ago and was told this was still on schedule!

I will be in contact next Friday - end of build week 22 - to find out if the dream has come true - or at least this phase of it!!

What colour did you order?

ernieb

Sorry Ernieb have been off line the last few days so just picked up your question. I've ordered mine in Brilliant Silver with no extras. I wonder as it's a lease car through my work is there no one pushing this on my behalf? Would be really interested to know how you get on with your original build date.

Ellbell.