Feeler - Mk1 octy vrs WRC No 72

Matt C

Hello guys & girls,

Just a feeler at the moment, to see what people think...

Due to my work, being very slow & over 6 months of 3 & 4 day working weeks, im thinkning of getting an estate car, which as a carpenter, I can work out of as well as use as an every day car.

If I could afford to, I would love to keep it, and have a work horse!! But at the moment, thats not an option.

So, as hard as this is to write, number 72 may have to go... :S

Some of you know the car, for those who don't...

Its a mint car, it was registered with its skoda dealership at first for around a year before being sold, to an elderly chap, who had just turned 70 when I brought it; so its not had a hard life.

It has full service history, and current millage is 39500! nice low miles, and runs like new.

I had the cam belt & water pump done end of last year, with the revised metal pump, fitted by JKM of portsmouth.

It has a couple of mods which were done when new by Skoda's before the old chap brought it, these are...

Full stainless power flow exhaust, (very good as quite when ticking over, but gives good performance)

Skoda remap, which gives 187bhp at the wheels on standard unleaded, around 195bhp when on super, JKM think around 220bhp at the fly wheel.

Forge divertor valve, and a K&N panel filter.

The Skoda garage did have all the graphics taken off as the old chap did not want them, all thats left is the green band on the bumpers.

All other usual spec of a VRS, with WRC standard extras, as listed on this page of Briskoda:

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/137758-skoda-octavia-wrc-limited-editionthe-facts/

Its a hard car to put a value on; I've seen some on here, with much higer milage, and not in standard WRC condition for around £5800 if I remember rightly. So what do you guys think?...

post-47273-12744649503985_thumb.jpg

post-47273-12744649839393_thumb.jpg

I can't seem to load any more photos on here, but check out my photobucket page to see some more... http://photobucket.com/images/wrc%20no%2072/

Thanks for reading,

Matt

Edited by Matt C

Guest westallc

nice car but the big selling point with these is the stickers and yours have been taken off wich imho is why it wont be as sort after

yes its got low miles and has a few extra's but the stickers really sell it as a special edition where as now it just looks like an x old bill car

i think you should see 6k but the market is small as it is an enthusiasts car

good luck buddy lovely car :thumbup:

Thanks guys.

Of course if some body wanted to, they could allways get the sticker kit on it, looking as it was when first built. I've seen them on ebay before now, and am sure other places will do them.

no no no, the ebay kit was way lesss than that, forget how much now, but, I think it was around the £250 / £300 mark? Besides, there are other graphics companys out there who can do the job.

A mate of mine had a company, which he sold last year, and he had the gear to scan in and create from scratch any graphics. If he was still going, I would have got them done.

Anyway, thanks for the input westallc

Guest westallc

wont be oem though will it but would make it a hell of a car i honestly think these cars should be kept as they will be worth more in years to come imho

• 5 months later...