ERG VALVE CLEAN

MY OCTAIVA 1.6 I STARTED TO RUN VERY ROUGH I THOUGHT IT WAS THE PETROL PUMP OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT,,, ,THE FAULT LIGHT ON ,THE CAR WAS RUNNING VERY ROUGH,I SCANNED THE FAULT CODE ,IT CAME UP, P0404 ERG,,.I TOOK OFF THE ERG VALVE,IT WAS BLACK FULL OF CARBON ,THE STEM ON THE VALVE WAS JAMMED WITH CARBON ,,SPRAYED IT WITH ENGINE CLEANER AND SCRAPED THE CARBON OFF THE STEM OF THE VALVE ,WASHED IT OUT,SPRAYED IT WITH WD 40 ,,FITTED IT BACK ON AND THE CAR IS BACK ON THE ROAD,FOR ANOTHER WHILE,

A proper advert for EGR delete pipes! :D:thumbup: Yuck!

P1030130.JPG

took me ages to get my hands clean after cleaning that lot. Dread to think what the manifold bit of pipework is like.... :doh:

For a proper EGR clean, the inlet manifold really needs to be removed completely and thoroughly cleaned. Then you can also get a finger in and clean the inlet ports on the head as well.

I have avoided having to do this by fitting an EGR over 4 years ago! :D Clean as a whistle, my manifold/intake.

For a proper EGR clean, the inlet manifold really needs to be removed completely and thoroughly cleaned. Then you can also get a finger in and clean the inlet ports on the head as well.

I have avoided having to do this by fitting an EGR over 4 years ago! :D Clean as a whistle, my manifold/intake

YES I THINK THAT WOULD BE THE WAY TO GO ,,POLIHS THE PORTS ,THE NEXT TIME,THAT WOULD BE MY NEXT JOB I THINK ,THANKS FOR THE PICS,

The inlet manifold gaskets should be replaced, but they're not under much pressure so "on a whim" I would have re-used it after giving it a clean off. :thumbup:

I USED THE OLD GASKET AS I NEEDED THE CAR BACK ON THE ROAD,ASAP,IT SEEMS TO BE SEALED OK,

nutskoda has a 1.6, which must be a petrol engine, so that would suggest that some petrols (if not all?) have them fitted.